- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
Khaleda seeks transfer of Zia Charitable Graft case to new court
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia on Monday filed a petition with the High Court seeking its directive to transfer the Zia Charitable Trust graft case to another court from the Dhaka Special Judge's Court-3.
Advocate Zakir Hossain Bhuiyan, on behalf of Khaleda Zia, filed the petition with the HC bench led by Justice M Enayetur Rahim.
On March 8 last, an HC bench shifted the Zia Orphanage Trust graft to the court of Senior Special Judge Quamrul Hossain Mollah from the judge of Special Judge's Court-3 Abu Ahmed Jamadar following a petition.
On April 26, the BNP chief filed a petition with the High Court seeking its order to again shift the case to another court from the existing one.
On May 14, the HC ordered the transfer of the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case to another court from the Senior Special Judge's Court of Dhaka following the petition.