- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
Khaleda seeks transfer of Zia Charitable Graft case to new court
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia on Monday filed a petition with the High Court seeking its directive to transfer the Zia Charitable Trust graft case to another court from the Dhaka Special Judge's Court-3.
Advocate Zakir Hossain Bhuiyan, on behalf of Khaleda Zia, filed the petition with the HC bench led by Justice M Enayetur Rahim.
On March 8 last, an HC bench shifted the Zia Orphanage Trust graft to the court of Senior Special Judge Quamrul Hossain Mollah from the judge of Special Judge's Court-3 Abu Ahmed Jamadar following a petition.
On April 26, the BNP chief filed a petition with the High Court seeking its order to again shift the case to another court from the existing one.
On May 14, the HC ordered the transfer of the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case to another court from the Senior Special Judge's Court of Dhaka following the petition.