- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Khaleda seeks transfer of Zia Charitable Graft case to new court
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia on Monday filed a petition with the High Court seeking its directive to transfer the Zia Charitable Trust graft case to another court from the Dhaka Special Judge's Court-3.
Advocate Zakir Hossain Bhuiyan, on behalf of Khaleda Zia, filed the petition with the HC bench led by Justice M Enayetur Rahim.
On March 8 last, an HC bench shifted the Zia Orphanage Trust graft to the court of Senior Special Judge Quamrul Hossain Mollah from the judge of Special Judge's Court-3 Abu Ahmed Jamadar following a petition.
On April 26, the BNP chief filed a petition with the High Court seeking its order to again shift the case to another court from the existing one.
On May 14, the HC ordered the transfer of the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case to another court from the Senior Special Judge's Court of Dhaka following the petition.