- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Khaleda seeks transfer of Zia Charitable Graft case to new court
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia on Monday filed a petition with the High Court seeking its directive to transfer the Zia Charitable Trust graft case to another court from the Dhaka Special Judge's Court-3.
Advocate Zakir Hossain Bhuiyan, on behalf of Khaleda Zia, filed the petition with the HC bench led by Justice M Enayetur Rahim.
On March 8 last, an HC bench shifted the Zia Orphanage Trust graft to the court of Senior Special Judge Quamrul Hossain Mollah from the judge of Special Judge's Court-3 Abu Ahmed Jamadar following a petition.
On April 26, the BNP chief filed a petition with the High Court seeking its order to again shift the case to another court from the existing one.
On May 14, the HC ordered the transfer of the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case to another court from the Senior Special Judge's Court of Dhaka following the petition.