- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
Khaleda seeks transfer of Zia Charitable Graft case to new court
BNP chairperson Khaleda Zia on Monday filed a petition with the High Court seeking its directive to transfer the Zia Charitable Trust graft case to another court from the Dhaka Special Judge's Court-3.
Advocate Zakir Hossain Bhuiyan, on behalf of Khaleda Zia, filed the petition with the HC bench led by Justice M Enayetur Rahim.
On March 8 last, an HC bench shifted the Zia Orphanage Trust graft to the court of Senior Special Judge Quamrul Hossain Mollah from the judge of Special Judge's Court-3 Abu Ahmed Jamadar following a petition.
On April 26, the BNP chief filed a petition with the High Court seeking its order to again shift the case to another court from the existing one.
On May 14, the HC ordered the transfer of the Zia Orphanage Trust graft case to another court from the Senior Special Judge's Court of Dhaka following the petition.