- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
Over 30000 SSC examinees seek review of answer scripts
More than 30,000 Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examinees of this year under the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Comilla applied for reviewing their answer scripts.
Sahidul Islam, deputy exam-controller of Comilla education board, said most of the examinees wanted their Mathematics and English answer scripts to be reexamined.
According to the board, Comilla Board attained the last position among 10 boards according to the average passing rate in the SSC examination this year, which created a great criticism against the authority.
Among 30,240 examinees, 7,067 applied for reexamining their Math scripts while 4,459 applied for English. A total of 60,295 examinees failed in these two subjects this year.
The reviewed result is scheduled to be published on 30 May.