- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
Boy burned to death in Ctg fire
A boy was burned to death and two people sustained injuries as a fire broke out at Eochia in Satkania upazila early Tuesday.
Jasim Uddin, deputy director of Chittagong Fire Service, said that the fire broke out at the house of Sayed Miah around 3:30am from an electric short circuit and soon engulfed the adjoining three other houses.
On information, a fire fighting team brought the fire under control after an hour of frantic efforts. They recovered charred body of Sayed Miah’ son Saidul, 10, from the house.
The injured were Ayesha Begum, 65, and Maisha, 7.
Meanwhile, nine shops were gutted as a fire broke out in Hazi Zafor Jamidar Market in Chowmuhuni Bazar in Boalkhali upazila around 3am, said Hafiz Ahmed, sub-station officer of Boalkhali fire service.