- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
Boy burned to death in Ctg fire
A boy was burned to death and two people sustained injuries as a fire broke out at Eochia in Satkania upazila early Tuesday.
Jasim Uddin, deputy director of Chittagong Fire Service, said that the fire broke out at the house of Sayed Miah around 3:30am from an electric short circuit and soon engulfed the adjoining three other houses.
On information, a fire fighting team brought the fire under control after an hour of frantic efforts. They recovered charred body of Sayed Miah’ son Saidul, 10, from the house.
The injured were Ayesha Begum, 65, and Maisha, 7.
Meanwhile, nine shops were gutted as a fire broke out in Hazi Zafor Jamidar Market in Chowmuhuni Bazar in Boalkhali upazila around 3am, said Hafiz Ahmed, sub-station officer of Boalkhali fire service.