- PM’s Austria tour: Combating terrorism high on agenda
- AL sinking into quicksand, says BNP
- 50 DU students get FSIB scholarship
- IBBL to host iftar items to 10 million fasting pedestrians
- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
Boy burned to death in Ctg fire
A boy was burned to death and two people sustained injuries as a fire broke out at Eochia in Satkania upazila early Tuesday.
Jasim Uddin, deputy director of Chittagong Fire Service, said that the fire broke out at the house of Sayed Miah around 3:30am from an electric short circuit and soon engulfed the adjoining three other houses.
On information, a fire fighting team brought the fire under control after an hour of frantic efforts. They recovered charred body of Sayed Miah’ son Saidul, 10, from the house.
The injured were Ayesha Begum, 65, and Maisha, 7.
Meanwhile, nine shops were gutted as a fire broke out in Hazi Zafor Jamidar Market in Chowmuhuni Bazar in Boalkhali upazila around 3am, said Hafiz Ahmed, sub-station officer of Boalkhali fire service.