- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
Boy burned to death in Ctg fire
A boy was burned to death and two people sustained injuries as a fire broke out at Eochia in Satkania upazila early Tuesday.
Jasim Uddin, deputy director of Chittagong Fire Service, said that the fire broke out at the house of Sayed Miah around 3:30am from an electric short circuit and soon engulfed the adjoining three other houses.
On information, a fire fighting team brought the fire under control after an hour of frantic efforts. They recovered charred body of Sayed Miah’ son Saidul, 10, from the house.
The injured were Ayesha Begum, 65, and Maisha, 7.
Meanwhile, nine shops were gutted as a fire broke out in Hazi Zafor Jamidar Market in Chowmuhuni Bazar in Boalkhali upazila around 3am, said Hafiz Ahmed, sub-station officer of Boalkhali fire service.