- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Drive in Satkhira; 29 held
In separate drives in different parts of the district from Monday night to Tuesday morning, police arrested 29 accused including a BNP leader on various charges.
The arrested BNP leader was identified as Dr. Shafiqul Islam, education affairs secretary of Jugikhali union unit BNP in Kalaroa upazila.
Of the arrestees, eight people were held from Sadar upazila, six from Kalaroa, three from Tala, two from Kaliganj, one from Shyamnagar, and five from Patkelghata upazilas, said Mizanur Rahman, an inspector of the Special Branch of police in Satkhira.
They are accused in different cases including acts of sabotage and drug abuse, the police officer added.