- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Drive in Satkhira; 29 held
In separate drives in different parts of the district from Monday night to Tuesday morning, police arrested 29 accused including a BNP leader on various charges.
The arrested BNP leader was identified as Dr. Shafiqul Islam, education affairs secretary of Jugikhali union unit BNP in Kalaroa upazila.
Of the arrestees, eight people were held from Sadar upazila, six from Kalaroa, three from Tala, two from Kaliganj, one from Shyamnagar, and five from Patkelghata upazilas, said Mizanur Rahman, an inspector of the Special Branch of police in Satkhira.
They are accused in different cases including acts of sabotage and drug abuse, the police officer added.