- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
Man beaten dead in Savar, wife held
A man was allegedly beaten to death by the members of his father-in-law’s family at Ghasmahal area of Savar Municipality, on the outskirts of the capital, on Tuesday morning.
The deceased was identified as Ekram Ali, 35, son of Mohammad Ali, and a human hauler driver. He used to live with his wife Aleya Akhter in a rented house adjacent to his father-in-law’s house in the area.
Following a family broil with his wife Aleya on Monday night, Ekram locked into altercation with the family members of his father-in-law in the morning, said Babul Mia, cousin of Ekram Ali.
At one stage, Aleya’s family members beat him mercilessly, leaving him dead on the spot, he alleged, adding that they hanged the body with the ceiling fan of a room to stage the incident as suicide.
On information, police recovered the body and sent it to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) morgue for an autopsy, said Jahirul Islam, sub-inspector of Savar Model Police Station.
Police also detained Aleya for interrogation in this regard.