- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
Mother, daughter crushed under train in Natore
A woman and her minor daughter were crushed under the wheels of a train at Hugolbaria near Natore Rail Station here on Tuesday.
Station Master Maniruzzaman said a Khulna-bound inter-city train from Chilahati hit the unidentified woman and her daughter while walking near the rail tack around 1:30 pm, leaving them dead on the spot.
On information, railway police recovered the bodies and sent those to local hospital morgue for autopsy.