- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
BD can become growth engine for entire sub-region: India
Indian High Commissioner in Dhaka Harsh Vardhan Shringla on Tuesday said Bangladesh has the potential to become the engine of growth for the entire sub-region.
“Connectivity has been an important focus of our (Bangladesh-India) relationship,” he said while addressing a conference on ‘Beyond Summitries: The recent successful visit of Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina to India’ organised by Bangladesh Heritage Foundation in the city.
The High Commissioner said there is immense political will on both sides to see the relationship grow.
He said India is a committed development partner of Bangladesh and they have so far pledged US$ 8 billion in concessional financing to Bangladesh.
During the visit, US$ 5 billion dollars was pledged in concessional financing in addition to the earlier $3 billion in the first and second Lines of Credit.