- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
BD can become growth engine for entire sub-region: India
Indian High Commissioner in Dhaka Harsh Vardhan Shringla on Tuesday said Bangladesh has the potential to become the engine of growth for the entire sub-region.
“Connectivity has been an important focus of our (Bangladesh-India) relationship,” he said while addressing a conference on ‘Beyond Summitries: The recent successful visit of Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina to India’ organised by Bangladesh Heritage Foundation in the city.
The High Commissioner said there is immense political will on both sides to see the relationship grow.
He said India is a committed development partner of Bangladesh and they have so far pledged US$ 8 billion in concessional financing to Bangladesh.
During the visit, US$ 5 billion dollars was pledged in concessional financing in addition to the earlier $3 billion in the first and second Lines of Credit.