- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
BD can become growth engine for entire sub-region: India
Indian High Commissioner in Dhaka Harsh Vardhan Shringla on Tuesday said Bangladesh has the potential to become the engine of growth for the entire sub-region.
“Connectivity has been an important focus of our (Bangladesh-India) relationship,” he said while addressing a conference on ‘Beyond Summitries: The recent successful visit of Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina to India’ organised by Bangladesh Heritage Foundation in the city.
The High Commissioner said there is immense political will on both sides to see the relationship grow.
He said India is a committed development partner of Bangladesh and they have so far pledged US$ 8 billion in concessional financing to Bangladesh.
During the visit, US$ 5 billion dollars was pledged in concessional financing in addition to the earlier $3 billion in the first and second Lines of Credit.