- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Mushfiqur’s father sued over murder case in Bogra
A case has been filed against Mahbub Hamid Tara, father of Bangladesh Test captain Mushfiqur Rahim, and 15 others over the killing of a schoolboy in Bogra municipality area on Saturday.
Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (Jasad-Inu) Central Committee leader Advocate Imdadul Haque Imdad, also father of victim Masuk Ferdous, 16, filed the case with Sadar Police Station on Tuesday afternoon, said officer-in-charge of the police station Emdad Hossain.
Cricketer Mushfiqur’s paternal uncle Mejbahul Hamid, also councillor of Bogra municipality from ward-17, was also made accused in the case, the OC said.
According to the FIR, Imdadul had long been at loggerheads with Mahbub and his younger brother Mejbahul over the election to Matidali High School Managing Committee and other issues.
Accused Naim Islam, son of Belal Hossain Fakir, called Masuk out of their house and took the schoolboy to his (Naim) house in Matidali-Hajipara area on Saturday night in a planned way, it said.
Prime accused Mahbub and others held Masuk tightly and another accused Faisal hit him in the head with a cricket bat, leaving him injured critically. The boy later died due to excessive bleeding, added the FIR.
Police had arrested Masuk’s three friends over the incident but they released two of them except Safin, said OC Emdad.
Meanwhile, locals formed a human chain in the area on Tuesday demanding exemplary punishment of the killers.
Masuk suffered injuries in an attack by miscreants in Matidali Hajipara area on Saturday night.
Family members rescued him and took him to Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College Hospital where doctors declared him dead.