- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Mushfiqur’s father sued over murder case in Bogra
A case has been filed against Mahbub Hamid Tara, father of Bangladesh Test captain Mushfiqur Rahim, and 15 others over the killing of a schoolboy in Bogra municipality area on Saturday.
Jatiya Samajtantrik Dal (Jasad-Inu) Central Committee leader Advocate Imdadul Haque Imdad, also father of victim Masuk Ferdous, 16, filed the case with Sadar Police Station on Tuesday afternoon, said officer-in-charge of the police station Emdad Hossain.
Cricketer Mushfiqur’s paternal uncle Mejbahul Hamid, also councillor of Bogra municipality from ward-17, was also made accused in the case, the OC said.
According to the FIR, Imdadul had long been at loggerheads with Mahbub and his younger brother Mejbahul over the election to Matidali High School Managing Committee and other issues.
Accused Naim Islam, son of Belal Hossain Fakir, called Masuk out of their house and took the schoolboy to his (Naim) house in Matidali-Hajipara area on Saturday night in a planned way, it said.
Prime accused Mahbub and others held Masuk tightly and another accused Faisal hit him in the head with a cricket bat, leaving him injured critically. The boy later died due to excessive bleeding, added the FIR.
Police had arrested Masuk’s three friends over the incident but they released two of them except Safin, said OC Emdad.
Meanwhile, locals formed a human chain in the area on Tuesday demanding exemplary punishment of the killers.
Masuk suffered injuries in an attack by miscreants in Matidali Hajipara area on Saturday night.
Family members rescued him and took him to Shaheed Ziaur Rahman Medical College Hospital where doctors declared him dead.