- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
Ctg Jubo League leader shot dead
A Jubo League leader was shot to death by unidentified miscreants in Harishpur Brahman Sako area in Sandwip upazila on Tuesday night.
The deceased was identified as Sohel Rana Bablu, 27, son of Joynal Abedin, a resident of Ward No-4, and a joint convener of Sandwip Municipality Jubo League unit.
Md Shamsul Islam, officer-in-charge of Sandwip Police Station, said that a gang of miscreants attacked Bablu and opened fire on him while he along with three fellowmen was returning home riding on a motorcycle around 11:45pm.
Later, they stabbed him indiscriminately, leaving him dead on the spot.
His three fellows also received injuries.
On information, police recovered his body from the spot on Wednesday morning.
Locals said that Bablu might have been killed due to internal political feud.