- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
President for integrated efforts to deal cyber attacks
President Abdul Hamid on Wednesday stressed the need for taking integrated initiatives both at national and international levels to deal with the risk of global cyber attacks.
“Recently, there have been cyber-attacks in about 150 countries, including some developed ones, putting security at risk…newer strategies and innovative technologies must be developed for ICT security to keep the development process, trade and investment free from hackers,” he said.
The President was addressed a function at Osmani Memorial Auditorium in the capital.
The Posts, Telecommunications and Information Technology Ministry arranged the event marking the World Telecommunication and Information Society Day 2017.
President Hamid said the advancement of ICT has not only accelerated the country’s development, but also increased challenges for all.