- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
President for integrated efforts to deal cyber attacks
President Abdul Hamid on Wednesday stressed the need for taking integrated initiatives both at national and international levels to deal with the risk of global cyber attacks.
“Recently, there have been cyber-attacks in about 150 countries, including some developed ones, putting security at risk…newer strategies and innovative technologies must be developed for ICT security to keep the development process, trade and investment free from hackers,” he said.
The President was addressed a function at Osmani Memorial Auditorium in the capital.
The Posts, Telecommunications and Information Technology Ministry arranged the event marking the World Telecommunication and Information Society Day 2017.
President Hamid said the advancement of ICT has not only accelerated the country’s development, but also increased challenges for all.