- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
Govt giving false impression about GDP, alleges BNP
BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir on Wednesday alleged that the government is deceiving people about the GDP growth rate with wrong statistics.
“People are given wrong statistics to win their support. Awami League is saying the GDP growth rate will hit 7.24 percent this fiscal year. But economists and the World Bank are saying the GDP growth rate won’t be more than 6.8 percent,” he said.
Speaking at a discussion, the BNP leader further said, “It’s possible only for Awami League to deceive people by giving them wrong information.”
Bangladesh Labour Party organised the programme at Dhaka Reporters’ Unity (DRU), marking its founder Moulana Abdul Matin’s 22nd death anniversary.
Fakhrul questioned how the GDP growth rate could be 7.24 percent when there is no investment in the country, remittance flow decreased and export earrings from RMG sector marked a fall. “They’re fooling people with false statistics to cling to power.”