- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Govt giving false impression about GDP, alleges BNP
BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir on Wednesday alleged that the government is deceiving people about the GDP growth rate with wrong statistics.
“People are given wrong statistics to win their support. Awami League is saying the GDP growth rate will hit 7.24 percent this fiscal year. But economists and the World Bank are saying the GDP growth rate won’t be more than 6.8 percent,” he said.
Speaking at a discussion, the BNP leader further said, “It’s possible only for Awami League to deceive people by giving them wrong information.”
Bangladesh Labour Party organised the programme at Dhaka Reporters’ Unity (DRU), marking its founder Moulana Abdul Matin’s 22nd death anniversary.
Fakhrul questioned how the GDP growth rate could be 7.24 percent when there is no investment in the country, remittance flow decreased and export earrings from RMG sector marked a fall. “They’re fooling people with false statistics to cling to power.”