- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Don’t care about conspiracies, says PM
Reiterating that Ziaur Rahman was also involved in the plot to assassinate Bangabandhu, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday said she cares little about conspiracies and vowed afresh to take Bangladesh to its desired goal.
"I've been observing conspiracies since my childhood ... I don't care. I believe we can reach our desired goal as long as the Almighty Allah, people and the blessings of my parents are with me," she said.
The Prime Minister said this when leaders of Awami League and its associate bodies went to her official residence Ganobhaban to greet her on the occasion of her homecoming day.
On this day in 1981, Sheikh Hasina returned home after six years in exile following the brutal assassination of Father of the Nation and the architect of independent Bangladesh Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and most of his family members on August 15, 1975.