- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Don’t care about conspiracies, says PM
Reiterating that Ziaur Rahman was also involved in the plot to assassinate Bangabandhu, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday said she cares little about conspiracies and vowed afresh to take Bangladesh to its desired goal.
"I've been observing conspiracies since my childhood ... I don't care. I believe we can reach our desired goal as long as the Almighty Allah, people and the blessings of my parents are with me," she said.
The Prime Minister said this when leaders of Awami League and its associate bodies went to her official residence Ganobhaban to greet her on the occasion of her homecoming day.
On this day in 1981, Sheikh Hasina returned home after six years in exile following the brutal assassination of Father of the Nation and the architect of independent Bangladesh Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and most of his family members on August 15, 1975.