- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
Don’t care about conspiracies, says PM
Reiterating that Ziaur Rahman was also involved in the plot to assassinate Bangabandhu, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday said she cares little about conspiracies and vowed afresh to take Bangladesh to its desired goal.
"I've been observing conspiracies since my childhood ... I don't care. I believe we can reach our desired goal as long as the Almighty Allah, people and the blessings of my parents are with me," she said.
The Prime Minister said this when leaders of Awami League and its associate bodies went to her official residence Ganobhaban to greet her on the occasion of her homecoming day.
On this day in 1981, Sheikh Hasina returned home after six years in exile following the brutal assassination of Father of the Nation and the architect of independent Bangladesh Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and most of his family members on August 15, 1975.