- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
Natore mayor, 3 others get bail
A court here on Wednesday granted bail to Gurudaspur Municipality Mayor and three other AL activists in a case filed in connection with attack on police.
Senior Judicial Magistrate Mominul Islam passed the order after rejecting 5-day remand prayer filed by police against the accused Mayor Shah Newaz Ali Mollah, also the secretary of Gurudaspur upazila unit AL, AL activists - Mohammad Babu, Bokso Sonar and Amirul Sonar.
Earlier, police arrested them from the capital on Monday morning.
On May 11 this year, Shah Newaz Ali Mollah along with his around 200 supporters tried to enter the meeting on upazila law and order situation.
Then police barricaded them and forbade them not to enter the meeting. But Shah Newaz Ali Mollah and his men tried to enter forcefully and attacked on police. Eight policemen were injured in the incident.
Later, police filed a case in this connection.