- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
Natore mayor, 3 others get bail
A court here on Wednesday granted bail to Gurudaspur Municipality Mayor and three other AL activists in a case filed in connection with attack on police.
Senior Judicial Magistrate Mominul Islam passed the order after rejecting 5-day remand prayer filed by police against the accused Mayor Shah Newaz Ali Mollah, also the secretary of Gurudaspur upazila unit AL, AL activists - Mohammad Babu, Bokso Sonar and Amirul Sonar.
Earlier, police arrested them from the capital on Monday morning.
On May 11 this year, Shah Newaz Ali Mollah along with his around 200 supporters tried to enter the meeting on upazila law and order situation.
Then police barricaded them and forbade them not to enter the meeting. But Shah Newaz Ali Mollah and his men tried to enter forcefully and attacked on police. Eight policemen were injured in the incident.
Later, police filed a case in this connection.