- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
Natore mayor, 3 others get bail
A court here on Wednesday granted bail to Gurudaspur Municipality Mayor and three other AL activists in a case filed in connection with attack on police.
Senior Judicial Magistrate Mominul Islam passed the order after rejecting 5-day remand prayer filed by police against the accused Mayor Shah Newaz Ali Mollah, also the secretary of Gurudaspur upazila unit AL, AL activists - Mohammad Babu, Bokso Sonar and Amirul Sonar.
Earlier, police arrested them from the capital on Monday morning.
On May 11 this year, Shah Newaz Ali Mollah along with his around 200 supporters tried to enter the meeting on upazila law and order situation.
Then police barricaded them and forbade them not to enter the meeting. But Shah Newaz Ali Mollah and his men tried to enter forcefully and attacked on police. Eight policemen were injured in the incident.
Later, police filed a case in this connection.