- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
Natore mayor, 3 others get bail
A court here on Wednesday granted bail to Gurudaspur Municipality Mayor and three other AL activists in a case filed in connection with attack on police.
Senior Judicial Magistrate Mominul Islam passed the order after rejecting 5-day remand prayer filed by police against the accused Mayor Shah Newaz Ali Mollah, also the secretary of Gurudaspur upazila unit AL, AL activists - Mohammad Babu, Bokso Sonar and Amirul Sonar.
Earlier, police arrested them from the capital on Monday morning.
On May 11 this year, Shah Newaz Ali Mollah along with his around 200 supporters tried to enter the meeting on upazila law and order situation.
Then police barricaded them and forbade them not to enter the meeting. But Shah Newaz Ali Mollah and his men tried to enter forcefully and attacked on police. Eight policemen were injured in the incident.
Later, police filed a case in this connection.