- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
Bringing all ethnic groups into mainstream of society: PM
Dhaka, May 17 (UNB) – Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday stressed the importance of bringing all the small ethnic groups of the country into the mainstream of society so that no one is left behind.
“We’ve taken initiatives to ensure their balanced development both socially and economically,” she said.
The Prime Minister said this while distributing scholarships among meritorious students of small ethnic groups living in plain land at her office.
The scholarships were given under a special programme initiated by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for the development of minor ethnic communities living in plain land.
This year, some 350 students were given scholarships and 16 of them received cheques from the Prime Minister.