- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
Bringing all ethnic groups into mainstream of society: PM
Dhaka, May 17 (UNB) – Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday stressed the importance of bringing all the small ethnic groups of the country into the mainstream of society so that no one is left behind.
“We’ve taken initiatives to ensure their balanced development both socially and economically,” she said.
The Prime Minister said this while distributing scholarships among meritorious students of small ethnic groups living in plain land at her office.
The scholarships were given under a special programme initiated by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for the development of minor ethnic communities living in plain land.
This year, some 350 students were given scholarships and 16 of them received cheques from the Prime Minister.