- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
Bringing all ethnic groups into mainstream of society: PM
Dhaka, May 17 (UNB) – Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday stressed the importance of bringing all the small ethnic groups of the country into the mainstream of society so that no one is left behind.
“We’ve taken initiatives to ensure their balanced development both socially and economically,” she said.
The Prime Minister said this while distributing scholarships among meritorious students of small ethnic groups living in plain land at her office.
The scholarships were given under a special programme initiated by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for the development of minor ethnic communities living in plain land.
This year, some 350 students were given scholarships and 16 of them received cheques from the Prime Minister.