- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
Bringing all ethnic groups into mainstream of society: PM
Dhaka, May 17 (UNB) – Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday stressed the importance of bringing all the small ethnic groups of the country into the mainstream of society so that no one is left behind.
“We’ve taken initiatives to ensure their balanced development both socially and economically,” she said.
The Prime Minister said this while distributing scholarships among meritorious students of small ethnic groups living in plain land at her office.
The scholarships were given under a special programme initiated by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for the development of minor ethnic communities living in plain land.
This year, some 350 students were given scholarships and 16 of them received cheques from the Prime Minister.