- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
Indian national held with cigarettes at Shahjalal airport
Dhaka, May 17 (UNB) - Customs Intelligence and Investigation Directorate (CIID) seized huge quantities of foreign cigarettes from an Indian citizen at Shahjalal International Airport early Wednesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of CIID held the Indian national Abdur Rahim, 40, son of Mohammad Sikandar of Chennai, the capital of South Indian state Tamil Nadu, around 2:00pm, said Moinul Khan Director General of CIID.
The seized cigarettes of Eassy Light brand were concealed inside three large baggages, he said.
The market price of the cigarettes (made in Korea) would be approximately Tk 40 lakh, he added.