- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
Indian national held with cigarettes at Shahjalal airport
Dhaka, May 17 (UNB) - Customs Intelligence and Investigation Directorate (CIID) seized huge quantities of foreign cigarettes from an Indian citizen at Shahjalal International Airport early Wednesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of CIID held the Indian national Abdur Rahim, 40, son of Mohammad Sikandar of Chennai, the capital of South Indian state Tamil Nadu, around 2:00pm, said Moinul Khan Director General of CIID.
The seized cigarettes of Eassy Light brand were concealed inside three large baggages, he said.
The market price of the cigarettes (made in Korea) would be approximately Tk 40 lakh, he added.