- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Indian national held with cigarettes at Shahjalal airport
Dhaka, May 17 (UNB) - Customs Intelligence and Investigation Directorate (CIID) seized huge quantities of foreign cigarettes from an Indian citizen at Shahjalal International Airport early Wednesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of CIID held the Indian national Abdur Rahim, 40, son of Mohammad Sikandar of Chennai, the capital of South Indian state Tamil Nadu, around 2:00pm, said Moinul Khan Director General of CIID.
The seized cigarettes of Eassy Light brand were concealed inside three large baggages, he said.
The market price of the cigarettes (made in Korea) would be approximately Tk 40 lakh, he added.