- PM’s Austria tour: Combating terrorism high on agenda
- AL sinking into quicksand, says BNP
- 50 DU students get FSIB scholarship
- IBBL to host iftar items to 10 million fasting pedestrians
- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
Indian national held with cigarettes at Shahjalal airport
Dhaka, May 17 (UNB) - Customs Intelligence and Investigation Directorate (CIID) seized huge quantities of foreign cigarettes from an Indian citizen at Shahjalal International Airport early Wednesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of CIID held the Indian national Abdur Rahim, 40, son of Mohammad Sikandar of Chennai, the capital of South Indian state Tamil Nadu, around 2:00pm, said Moinul Khan Director General of CIID.
The seized cigarettes of Eassy Light brand were concealed inside three large baggages, he said.
The market price of the cigarettes (made in Korea) would be approximately Tk 40 lakh, he added.