- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Indian national held with cigarettes at Shahjalal airport
Dhaka, May 17 (UNB) - Customs Intelligence and Investigation Directorate (CIID) seized huge quantities of foreign cigarettes from an Indian citizen at Shahjalal International Airport early Wednesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of CIID held the Indian national Abdur Rahim, 40, son of Mohammad Sikandar of Chennai, the capital of South Indian state Tamil Nadu, around 2:00pm, said Moinul Khan Director General of CIID.
The seized cigarettes of Eassy Light brand were concealed inside three large baggages, he said.
The market price of the cigarettes (made in Korea) would be approximately Tk 40 lakh, he added.