- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
No dev putting people in trouble, says PM
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Wednesday said the government wants development, but not in lieu of putting people’s lives in trouble.
“We want development, but we don’t want such development that put people’s lives in problems,” she said while speaking at a presentation on the ‘Communication System of Dhaka City’ at her office.
The Prime Minister said it is now necessary to think about how to develop the Dhaka city from its present condition as it was not built in a planned way. “We can say this city has been built in an unplanned way,” she said.
Noting that the capital city is the centre of a country, she said, “Its atmosphere and communication system should be better so that people can live here comfortably. We have to create that opportunity. It’s our duty,” she said.
Hasina also said whoever comes to power tries to build the city at their will. “That’s why the present complexities have arisen,” she said.
She said with the development of economy, people’s purchasing capacity is on the rise. “People are buying private vehicles, but Dhaka city has no enough roads to accommodate this huge number of cars,” she said.