- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
BCL leader stabbed dead in Ctg
A local leader of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) was stabbed to death allegedly by some miscreants at Madan Haat in Hathazari upazila early Thursday.
The deceased was identified as Mohammad Lokman, 34, a general secretary of Fatehpur union unit BCL and also a member of Fatehpur union parishad.
Belal Uddin, officer-in-charge of Hathazari Police Station, said a group of miscreants swooped on Lokman, son of Helal Chowdhury, and stabbed him indiscriminately while he was returning home after attending a milad.
The attack took place around 1:30am, and left Lokman critically injured.
Later he was taken to Chittagong Medical College Hospital where the doctors declared him dead around 2:30 am.
The motive behind the alleged killing could not be ascertained till filing of this report at 11am on Thursday.