- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
BCL leader stabbed dead in Ctg
A local leader of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) was stabbed to death allegedly by some miscreants at Madan Haat in Hathazari upazila early Thursday.
The deceased was identified as Mohammad Lokman, 34, a general secretary of Fatehpur union unit BCL and also a member of Fatehpur union parishad.
Belal Uddin, officer-in-charge of Hathazari Police Station, said a group of miscreants swooped on Lokman, son of Helal Chowdhury, and stabbed him indiscriminately while he was returning home after attending a milad.
The attack took place around 1:30am, and left Lokman critically injured.
Later he was taken to Chittagong Medical College Hospital where the doctors declared him dead around 2:30 am.
The motive behind the alleged killing could not be ascertained till filing of this report at 11am on Thursday.