- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
BCL leader stabbed dead in Ctg
A local leader of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) was stabbed to death allegedly by some miscreants at Madan Haat in Hathazari upazila early Thursday.
The deceased was identified as Mohammad Lokman, 34, a general secretary of Fatehpur union unit BCL and also a member of Fatehpur union parishad.
Belal Uddin, officer-in-charge of Hathazari Police Station, said a group of miscreants swooped on Lokman, son of Helal Chowdhury, and stabbed him indiscriminately while he was returning home after attending a milad.
The attack took place around 1:30am, and left Lokman critically injured.
Later he was taken to Chittagong Medical College Hospital where the doctors declared him dead around 2:30 am.
The motive behind the alleged killing could not be ascertained till filing of this report at 11am on Thursday.