- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
BCL leader stabbed dead in Ctg
A local leader of Bangladesh Chhatra League (BCL) was stabbed to death allegedly by some miscreants at Madan Haat in Hathazari upazila early Thursday.
The deceased was identified as Mohammad Lokman, 34, a general secretary of Fatehpur union unit BCL and also a member of Fatehpur union parishad.
Belal Uddin, officer-in-charge of Hathazari Police Station, said a group of miscreants swooped on Lokman, son of Helal Chowdhury, and stabbed him indiscriminately while he was returning home after attending a milad.
The attack took place around 1:30am, and left Lokman critically injured.
Later he was taken to Chittagong Medical College Hospital where the doctors declared him dead around 2:30 am.
The motive behind the alleged killing could not be ascertained till filing of this report at 11am on Thursday.