- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
Proposed digital security law to ‘remove confusion over section 57’
Law Minister Anisul Huq on Thursday said the proposed digital security law will help remove confusion and ambiguity over section 57 of the ICT Act.
“There’ll be necessary clarification in the proposed law so that no confusion could be created over freedom of speech,“ he said.
The minister came up with the remark at the Secretariat while responding to a question on section 57 after handing over keys of 11 vehicles for carrying the judges of low courts.
He said the cabinet has already approved in principle the draft of the digital security law now being scrutinised by the Law Ministry.