- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
Proposed digital security law to ‘remove confusion over section 57’
Law Minister Anisul Huq on Thursday said the proposed digital security law will help remove confusion and ambiguity over section 57 of the ICT Act.
“There’ll be necessary clarification in the proposed law so that no confusion could be created over freedom of speech,“ he said.
The minister came up with the remark at the Secretariat while responding to a question on section 57 after handing over keys of 11 vehicles for carrying the judges of low courts.
He said the cabinet has already approved in principle the draft of the digital security law now being scrutinised by the Law Ministry.