- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Proposed digital security law to ‘remove confusion over section 57’
Law Minister Anisul Huq on Thursday said the proposed digital security law will help remove confusion and ambiguity over section 57 of the ICT Act.
“There’ll be necessary clarification in the proposed law so that no confusion could be created over freedom of speech,“ he said.
The minister came up with the remark at the Secretariat while responding to a question on section 57 after handing over keys of 11 vehicles for carrying the judges of low courts.
He said the cabinet has already approved in principle the draft of the digital security law now being scrutinised by the Law Ministry.