- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
3 killed in Jhenidah road crash
Three people, including a woman, were killed and around 40 others injured as a bus hit a roadside tree in front of a petrol pump in Kaliganj upazila headquarters on Thursday afternoon.
Two of the deceased were identified as Aminur Rahman and Ibrahim Hossain, hailing from Jessore.
Amirul Islam, officer-in-charge of Kaliganj Police Station, said the accident took place as the bus hit the tree after its driver lost control over the steering while trying to give side to a bi-cycle in the area around 1:30pm, leaving 43 injured.
The injured were rushed to Kaliganj Upazila Health Complex and Jessore Sadar Hospital where three succumbed to their injuries.