- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
3 killed in Jhenidah road crash
Three people, including a woman, were killed and around 40 others injured as a bus hit a roadside tree in front of a petrol pump in Kaliganj upazila headquarters on Thursday afternoon.
Two of the deceased were identified as Aminur Rahman and Ibrahim Hossain, hailing from Jessore.
Amirul Islam, officer-in-charge of Kaliganj Police Station, said the accident took place as the bus hit the tree after its driver lost control over the steering while trying to give side to a bi-cycle in the area around 1:30pm, leaving 43 injured.
The injured were rushed to Kaliganj Upazila Health Complex and Jessore Sadar Hospital where three succumbed to their injuries.