- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
3 killed in Jhenidah road crash
Three people, including a woman, were killed and around 40 others injured as a bus hit a roadside tree in front of a petrol pump in Kaliganj upazila headquarters on Thursday afternoon.
Two of the deceased were identified as Aminur Rahman and Ibrahim Hossain, hailing from Jessore.
Amirul Islam, officer-in-charge of Kaliganj Police Station, said the accident took place as the bus hit the tree after its driver lost control over the steering while trying to give side to a bi-cycle in the area around 1:30pm, leaving 43 injured.
The injured were rushed to Kaliganj Upazila Health Complex and Jessore Sadar Hospital where three succumbed to their injuries.