- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
3 killed in Jhenidah road crash
Three people, including a woman, were killed and around 40 others injured as a bus hit a roadside tree in front of a petrol pump in Kaliganj upazila headquarters on Thursday afternoon.
Two of the deceased were identified as Aminur Rahman and Ibrahim Hossain, hailing from Jessore.
Amirul Islam, officer-in-charge of Kaliganj Police Station, said the accident took place as the bus hit the tree after its driver lost control over the steering while trying to give side to a bi-cycle in the area around 1:30pm, leaving 43 injured.
The injured were rushed to Kaliganj Upazila Health Complex and Jessore Sadar Hospital where three succumbed to their injuries.