- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
3 killed in Jhenidah road crash
Three people, including a woman, were killed and around 40 others injured as a bus hit a roadside tree in front of a petrol pump in Kaliganj upazila headquarters on Thursday afternoon.
Two of the deceased were identified as Aminur Rahman and Ibrahim Hossain, hailing from Jessore.
Amirul Islam, officer-in-charge of Kaliganj Police Station, said the accident took place as the bus hit the tree after its driver lost control over the steering while trying to give side to a bi-cycle in the area around 1:30pm, leaving 43 injured.
The injured were rushed to Kaliganj Upazila Health Complex and Jessore Sadar Hospital where three succumbed to their injuries.