- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
Lightning strike kills school teacher in Rajshahi
A high school teacher was killed by a lightning strike in Muktarpur Dofadarpara village of Charghat upazila on Wednesday night.
Nibaran Chandra Barman, officer-in-charge of Charghat Police Station, said Liakat Hossain, 55, a teacher of Muktarpur High School, fainted at the verandah of his house when lightning strike at the time of nor'wester around 7:45pm.
Family members rushed him to Upazila Health Complex where on-duty physician declared him dead on arrival.
Meanwhile, Bibhash Sarama, a physician of the hospital, said there was no evidence of lightning strike in his body, adding that he may have died of cardiac arrest at the sound of the thunderbolt.