- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
Lightning strike kills school teacher in Rajshahi
A high school teacher was killed by a lightning strike in Muktarpur Dofadarpara village of Charghat upazila on Wednesday night.
Nibaran Chandra Barman, officer-in-charge of Charghat Police Station, said Liakat Hossain, 55, a teacher of Muktarpur High School, fainted at the verandah of his house when lightning strike at the time of nor'wester around 7:45pm.
Family members rushed him to Upazila Health Complex where on-duty physician declared him dead on arrival.
Meanwhile, Bibhash Sarama, a physician of the hospital, said there was no evidence of lightning strike in his body, adding that he may have died of cardiac arrest at the sound of the thunderbolt.