- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
Lightning strike kills school teacher in Rajshahi
A high school teacher was killed by a lightning strike in Muktarpur Dofadarpara village of Charghat upazila on Wednesday night.
Nibaran Chandra Barman, officer-in-charge of Charghat Police Station, said Liakat Hossain, 55, a teacher of Muktarpur High School, fainted at the verandah of his house when lightning strike at the time of nor'wester around 7:45pm.
Family members rushed him to Upazila Health Complex where on-duty physician declared him dead on arrival.
Meanwhile, Bibhash Sarama, a physician of the hospital, said there was no evidence of lightning strike in his body, adding that he may have died of cardiac arrest at the sound of the thunderbolt.