- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
Lightning strike kills school teacher in Rajshahi
A high school teacher was killed by a lightning strike in Muktarpur Dofadarpara village of Charghat upazila on Wednesday night.
Nibaran Chandra Barman, officer-in-charge of Charghat Police Station, said Liakat Hossain, 55, a teacher of Muktarpur High School, fainted at the verandah of his house when lightning strike at the time of nor'wester around 7:45pm.
Family members rushed him to Upazila Health Complex where on-duty physician declared him dead on arrival.
Meanwhile, Bibhash Sarama, a physician of the hospital, said there was no evidence of lightning strike in his body, adding that he may have died of cardiac arrest at the sound of the thunderbolt.