- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Lightning strike kills school teacher in Rajshahi
A high school teacher was killed by a lightning strike in Muktarpur Dofadarpara village of Charghat upazila on Wednesday night.
Nibaran Chandra Barman, officer-in-charge of Charghat Police Station, said Liakat Hossain, 55, a teacher of Muktarpur High School, fainted at the verandah of his house when lightning strike at the time of nor'wester around 7:45pm.
Family members rushed him to Upazila Health Complex where on-duty physician declared him dead on arrival.
Meanwhile, Bibhash Sarama, a physician of the hospital, said there was no evidence of lightning strike in his body, adding that he may have died of cardiac arrest at the sound of the thunderbolt.