- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
One killed in clash over land in Sunamganj
A youth was killed and 15 others sustained injuries in a clash over land in Jauya area of Chhatak upazila on Thursday morning.
The deceased was identified as Hafiz Abu Sayed, 25, son of Abdul Qaiyum, a resident of Habidpur village of the upazila.
M Barkatullah Khan, Superintendent of Police in Sunamganj, said there was a long-standing dispute between Abdul Wadud of Jauyabazar Kunapara and Abdul Kahar of Habidpur village over land properties.
Sequel to the dispute, the groups locked into an altercation around 11am. At one stage, both groups equipped with lethal weapons attacked each other, leaving 16 including Hafiz injured.
Later, the injured were rushed to Osmani Medical College Hospital in Sylhet where Hafiz succumbed to his injuries, SP Barkatullah added.