- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
One killed in clash over land in Sunamganj
A youth was killed and 15 others sustained injuries in a clash over land in Jauya area of Chhatak upazila on Thursday morning.
The deceased was identified as Hafiz Abu Sayed, 25, son of Abdul Qaiyum, a resident of Habidpur village of the upazila.
M Barkatullah Khan, Superintendent of Police in Sunamganj, said there was a long-standing dispute between Abdul Wadud of Jauyabazar Kunapara and Abdul Kahar of Habidpur village over land properties.
Sequel to the dispute, the groups locked into an altercation around 11am. At one stage, both groups equipped with lethal weapons attacked each other, leaving 16 including Hafiz injured.
Later, the injured were rushed to Osmani Medical College Hospital in Sylhet where Hafiz succumbed to his injuries, SP Barkatullah added.