- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
One killed in clash over land in Sunamganj
A youth was killed and 15 others sustained injuries in a clash over land in Jauya area of Chhatak upazila on Thursday morning.
The deceased was identified as Hafiz Abu Sayed, 25, son of Abdul Qaiyum, a resident of Habidpur village of the upazila.
M Barkatullah Khan, Superintendent of Police in Sunamganj, said there was a long-standing dispute between Abdul Wadud of Jauyabazar Kunapara and Abdul Kahar of Habidpur village over land properties.
Sequel to the dispute, the groups locked into an altercation around 11am. At one stage, both groups equipped with lethal weapons attacked each other, leaving 16 including Hafiz injured.
Later, the injured were rushed to Osmani Medical College Hospital in Sylhet where Hafiz succumbed to his injuries, SP Barkatullah added.