- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
Make govt facilities available for underprivileged children: President
President Abdul Hamid on Thursday called upon the authorities concerned to take steps to create a welfare-oriented and child-friendly environment in the country and make government facilities available for children, particularly the underprivileged ones.
“We want to see the children as the real successors of our dream. A welfare-oriented, balanced and child-friendly atmosphere must be created to take the facilities of a standard life to the doorsteps of underprivileged children,” he said.
The President was addressing a prize distribution ceremony at Bangladesh Shishu Academy auditorium in the capital.
He said it must be ensured that children can avail themselves of the facilities of the government initiatives taken to build Digital Bangladesh.
Noting that nutrition, education, healthcare, security and entertainment are must for physical, mental and cultural development of children, Hamid said they must be grown up with the spirit of patriotism and human values apart from ensuring their basic rights.