- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
Make govt facilities available for underprivileged children: President
President Abdul Hamid on Thursday called upon the authorities concerned to take steps to create a welfare-oriented and child-friendly environment in the country and make government facilities available for children, particularly the underprivileged ones.
“We want to see the children as the real successors of our dream. A welfare-oriented, balanced and child-friendly atmosphere must be created to take the facilities of a standard life to the doorsteps of underprivileged children,” he said.
The President was addressing a prize distribution ceremony at Bangladesh Shishu Academy auditorium in the capital.
He said it must be ensured that children can avail themselves of the facilities of the government initiatives taken to build Digital Bangladesh.
Noting that nutrition, education, healthcare, security and entertainment are must for physical, mental and cultural development of children, Hamid said they must be grown up with the spirit of patriotism and human values apart from ensuring their basic rights.