- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
Make govt facilities available for underprivileged children: President
President Abdul Hamid on Thursday called upon the authorities concerned to take steps to create a welfare-oriented and child-friendly environment in the country and make government facilities available for children, particularly the underprivileged ones.
“We want to see the children as the real successors of our dream. A welfare-oriented, balanced and child-friendly atmosphere must be created to take the facilities of a standard life to the doorsteps of underprivileged children,” he said.
The President was addressing a prize distribution ceremony at Bangladesh Shishu Academy auditorium in the capital.
He said it must be ensured that children can avail themselves of the facilities of the government initiatives taken to build Digital Bangladesh.
Noting that nutrition, education, healthcare, security and entertainment are must for physical, mental and cultural development of children, Hamid said they must be grown up with the spirit of patriotism and human values apart from ensuring their basic rights.