- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Make govt facilities available for underprivileged children: President
President Abdul Hamid on Thursday called upon the authorities concerned to take steps to create a welfare-oriented and child-friendly environment in the country and make government facilities available for children, particularly the underprivileged ones.
“We want to see the children as the real successors of our dream. A welfare-oriented, balanced and child-friendly atmosphere must be created to take the facilities of a standard life to the doorsteps of underprivileged children,” he said.
The President was addressing a prize distribution ceremony at Bangladesh Shishu Academy auditorium in the capital.
He said it must be ensured that children can avail themselves of the facilities of the government initiatives taken to build Digital Bangladesh.
Noting that nutrition, education, healthcare, security and entertainment are must for physical, mental and cultural development of children, Hamid said they must be grown up with the spirit of patriotism and human values apart from ensuring their basic rights.