- BD won’t respond to Myanmar’s provocation: Quader
- New fires still torching Rohingya villages: Amnesty
- ‘Cattle thief’ lynched in Chuadanga
- ACC to hold mass hearing on Bholahat upazila admin
- Youth held with fake currency notes
- UN chief for implementing Annan commission’s report on Rakhine
- BNP blasts PM for not ‘denouncing’ Myanmar at UNGA
- ‘Rotten’ rice imported from Thailand, alleges BNP
- Swiss efforts to end illicit financial flows to be examined by UN expert
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test held
Seminar on Persian language held at DU
A daylong programme to pay tribute to world-famous Iranian epic poet Hakim Abulqasem Ferdousi and pay homage to the Persian language was held on Thursday at the R.C. Majumder Hall of Dhaka University (DU).
Iranian Cultural Centre (ICC), Dhaka and the department of Persian Language and Literature of DU jointly organised the seminar.
Iranian ambassador Abbas Vaezi Dehnavi in Dhaka was present as the special guest in the programme.