- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
Haor farmers to get fresh loan at 4.5 pc interest rate: PM
Khaliajuri (Netrakona), BdChronicle:
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday said the flood-affected farmers of haor areas will get fresh farm loan at only 4.5 percent interest rate, a cut by almost 50 percent.
"The affected farmers will get fresh agricultural loan at 4.5 percent interest rate to restart farming,” she said while addressing a public meeting at Khaliajuri Degree College ground, prior to the distribution of relief materials among the flood-hit people.
The Prime Minister reiterated her government’s decision to suspend the repayment of the current agricultural loan until the next crop, and said the government will also provide support to the farmers for the diversification of their occupation.
Assuring the people of the flood-affected areas of taking all the necessary measures for their protection, Sheikh Hasina said no one will suffer for lack of food and shelter as VGF activities will continue in the haor areas apart from the OMS ones.