- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
Haor farmers to get fresh loan at 4.5 pc interest rate: PM
Khaliajuri (Netrakona), BdChronicle:
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday said the flood-affected farmers of haor areas will get fresh farm loan at only 4.5 percent interest rate, a cut by almost 50 percent.
"The affected farmers will get fresh agricultural loan at 4.5 percent interest rate to restart farming,” she said while addressing a public meeting at Khaliajuri Degree College ground, prior to the distribution of relief materials among the flood-hit people.
The Prime Minister reiterated her government’s decision to suspend the repayment of the current agricultural loan until the next crop, and said the government will also provide support to the farmers for the diversification of their occupation.
Assuring the people of the flood-affected areas of taking all the necessary measures for their protection, Sheikh Hasina said no one will suffer for lack of food and shelter as VGF activities will continue in the haor areas apart from the OMS ones.