- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
Haor farmers to get fresh loan at 4.5 pc interest rate: PM
Khaliajuri (Netrakona), BdChronicle:
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina on Thursday said the flood-affected farmers of haor areas will get fresh farm loan at only 4.5 percent interest rate, a cut by almost 50 percent.
"The affected farmers will get fresh agricultural loan at 4.5 percent interest rate to restart farming,” she said while addressing a public meeting at Khaliajuri Degree College ground, prior to the distribution of relief materials among the flood-hit people.
The Prime Minister reiterated her government’s decision to suspend the repayment of the current agricultural loan until the next crop, and said the government will also provide support to the farmers for the diversification of their occupation.
Assuring the people of the flood-affected areas of taking all the necessary measures for their protection, Sheikh Hasina said no one will suffer for lack of food and shelter as VGF activities will continue in the haor areas apart from the OMS ones.