- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
No influence can save Banani rape offenders: Asaduzzaman
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal on Thursday said the offenders involved in the recent rape of two university students in a Banani hotel will be brought to justice if their offence is proven, no matter who they are.
After inaugurating a Women’s Holiday Market of Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) at Mohakhali Kitchen Market, the minister said the investigation into the incident is underway.
Those found to have assisted in or associated with the matter will also have to face justice, he said, adding, “No matter which influential class he belongs to.”
Law enforcers, the minister said, are aware of the insincerity of the Raintree Hotel management.
“The wheels of development will fall apart if we fail to ensure the security of businessmen and women in the country. Such initiatives like women’s market will help women march ahead,” the minister said.