- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
- PM for deeper understanding within South
No influence can save Banani rape offenders: Asaduzzaman
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal on Thursday said the offenders involved in the recent rape of two university students in a Banani hotel will be brought to justice if their offence is proven, no matter who they are.
After inaugurating a Women’s Holiday Market of Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) at Mohakhali Kitchen Market, the minister said the investigation into the incident is underway.
Those found to have assisted in or associated with the matter will also have to face justice, he said, adding, “No matter which influential class he belongs to.”
Law enforcers, the minister said, are aware of the insincerity of the Raintree Hotel management.
“The wheels of development will fall apart if we fail to ensure the security of businessmen and women in the country. Such initiatives like women’s market will help women march ahead,” the minister said.