- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
No influence can save Banani rape offenders: Asaduzzaman
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal on Thursday said the offenders involved in the recent rape of two university students in a Banani hotel will be brought to justice if their offence is proven, no matter who they are.
After inaugurating a Women’s Holiday Market of Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) at Mohakhali Kitchen Market, the minister said the investigation into the incident is underway.
Those found to have assisted in or associated with the matter will also have to face justice, he said, adding, “No matter which influential class he belongs to.”
Law enforcers, the minister said, are aware of the insincerity of the Raintree Hotel management.
“The wheels of development will fall apart if we fail to ensure the security of businessmen and women in the country. Such initiatives like women’s market will help women march ahead,” the minister said.