- BD children’s death to chemicals sprayed on fruit trees
- 2 held with huge explosives in Sylhet
- India removes entry, exit restrictions on BD nationals’ visas
- Speaker returns home from Vietnam
- Movement must in case of no dialogue: BNP
- Full text of Rajon murder verdict released
- Re-excavate canals before monsoon: JS body
- ACC to sue GM of Natore Palli Bidyut Samity-2
- Dhaka denounces Al-Aqsa Mosque closure, Friday prayer banning
- Proposal sent to SC for Barisal judge’s withdrawal
No influence can save Banani rape offenders: Asaduzzaman
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal on Thursday said the offenders involved in the recent rape of two university students in a Banani hotel will be brought to justice if their offence is proven, no matter who they are.
After inaugurating a Women’s Holiday Market of Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) at Mohakhali Kitchen Market, the minister said the investigation into the incident is underway.
Those found to have assisted in or associated with the matter will also have to face justice, he said, adding, “No matter which influential class he belongs to.”
Law enforcers, the minister said, are aware of the insincerity of the Raintree Hotel management.
“The wheels of development will fall apart if we fail to ensure the security of businessmen and women in the country. Such initiatives like women’s market will help women march ahead,” the minister said.