- 15 missing after tourist boat sinking in Colombia
- Govt to rehabilitate Rangamati landslide victims: Quader
- Landslide victims celebrate Eid at shelter centres
- Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated
- 3 minors among 4 killed in Bandarban road crash
- PM greets wounded FFs, sends them gifts
- 23 killed, 25 hurt in road crashes in 4 districts
- Holidaymakers’ sufferings: BNP demands Quader’s removal
- Around 7 million people leave Dhaka for sweet home
- 4-tier security for National Eidgah: DMP
DU student’s death: Central Hospital director gets bail
A court here on Friday granted bail to a director of Central Hospital who was arrested in a case filed over the death of a Dhaka University (DU) student allegedly for wrong treatment at the hospital.
Metropolitan Magistrate SM Mahfuz Jaman passed the order after police produced MA Kashem before his court, said officer-in-charge of Dhanmondi Model Police Station M Abdul Latif.
On Thursday afternoon, Afia Jahan Chaity, 20, a first year student of the DU Zoology department, died at the Central Hospital in the city as she was given wrong treatment there.
Chaity, hailing from Chapainawabganj district, was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday as she fell sick and later she was diagnosed with cancer.
However, she died on Thursday afternoon. Later, it was mentioned on the release slip that Chaity died of dengu.
As the death news spread on the DU campus, some 150-200 students went to the hospital and vandalised several rooms.