- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
DU student’s death: Central Hospital director gets bail
A court here on Friday granted bail to a director of Central Hospital who was arrested in a case filed over the death of a Dhaka University (DU) student allegedly for wrong treatment at the hospital.
Metropolitan Magistrate SM Mahfuz Jaman passed the order after police produced MA Kashem before his court, said officer-in-charge of Dhanmondi Model Police Station M Abdul Latif.
On Thursday afternoon, Afia Jahan Chaity, 20, a first year student of the DU Zoology department, died at the Central Hospital in the city as she was given wrong treatment there.
Chaity, hailing from Chapainawabganj district, was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday as she fell sick and later she was diagnosed with cancer.
However, she died on Thursday afternoon. Later, it was mentioned on the release slip that Chaity died of dengu.
As the death news spread on the DU campus, some 150-200 students went to the hospital and vandalised several rooms.