- PM to bid adieu 23 plane crash victims at Army Stadium
- Khaleda’s bail stayed till May 8 in graft case
- 1st janaza of 23 plane crash victims held in Nepal
- BNP to resist bid to hold lopsided polls, says Rizvi
- BNP stages demo protesting Milon’s death in custody
- DU teacher relieved of academic duties for assaulting fellow
- Govt mulling pvt sector`s participation in power transmission, distribution
- Rajshahi fresher fails to surface after falling into Padma
- Burglars loot ‘Tk 72 lakh’ from Unilever distributor’s office
- Youth gets life in prison for raping visually-impaired girl
DU student’s death: Central Hospital director gets bail
A court here on Friday granted bail to a director of Central Hospital who was arrested in a case filed over the death of a Dhaka University (DU) student allegedly for wrong treatment at the hospital.
Metropolitan Magistrate SM Mahfuz Jaman passed the order after police produced MA Kashem before his court, said officer-in-charge of Dhanmondi Model Police Station M Abdul Latif.
On Thursday afternoon, Afia Jahan Chaity, 20, a first year student of the DU Zoology department, died at the Central Hospital in the city as she was given wrong treatment there.
Chaity, hailing from Chapainawabganj district, was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday as she fell sick and later she was diagnosed with cancer.
However, she died on Thursday afternoon. Later, it was mentioned on the release slip that Chaity died of dengu.
As the death news spread on the DU campus, some 150-200 students went to the hospital and vandalised several rooms.