- Another Rohingya man stabbed dead in Cox’s Bazar
- Why AL ‘fears’ fair polls, wonders BNP
- Khaleda seeking steps against jr minister for ‘contemptuous’ comment
- 2 workers die falling off Ctg building
- Stop PM from engaging in unilateral campaign: BNP to EC
- Joypurhat road accident kills two
- Pro-AL panel sweeps DU registered graduate polls
- Bill passed to reduce wastage of water
- Half of unpaid wages of jute workers to be cleared: Minister
- Software to say goodbye to tax hassles
DU student’s death: Central Hospital director gets bail
A court here on Friday granted bail to a director of Central Hospital who was arrested in a case filed over the death of a Dhaka University (DU) student allegedly for wrong treatment at the hospital.
Metropolitan Magistrate SM Mahfuz Jaman passed the order after police produced MA Kashem before his court, said officer-in-charge of Dhanmondi Model Police Station M Abdul Latif.
On Thursday afternoon, Afia Jahan Chaity, 20, a first year student of the DU Zoology department, died at the Central Hospital in the city as she was given wrong treatment there.
Chaity, hailing from Chapainawabganj district, was admitted to the hospital on Wednesday as she fell sick and later she was diagnosed with cancer.
However, she died on Thursday afternoon. Later, it was mentioned on the release slip that Chaity died of dengu.
As the death news spread on the DU campus, some 150-200 students went to the hospital and vandalised several rooms.