- Dhaka urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Explain newborn’s death on Dhaka city road: HC
- Prof Golam Rabbani made DU new proctor
- 50 pc Rohingyas, stranded in no-man’s land, entered BD
- Tanbir’s 61* spurs Bangladesh A 1-0 lead against Ireland A
- Khaleda gets bail in two graft cases
- No head teachers at 249 govt pry schools in Shariatpur
- ‘Breed like rabbits’ or victims of statelessness? The Rohingya women who reject
- AL wants law enforcers to maintain law & order during polls
- Tumpa murder: Husband held from Jessore
Tk 500 announced for child marriage info in Nalitabari
Nalitabari upazila administration announced Tk 500 for those who will provide information related to child marriage, aiming to stop child marriage bids.
Mokhlesur Rahman Ripon, chairman of Nalitabari upazila, made the announcement while talking at the upazila development coordination committee meeting on Thursday.
The administration took the initiative to take prompt action in preventing child marriage, he said.
Besides, the upazila chairman also said he will bear the educational expenses of the girls who will inform the incident of their own child marriage attempts to the local administration.
Tarafdar Sohle Rahman, Upazila Nirbahi Offcer, said already the upazila administration has taken so many steps to prevent child marriage.