- Charges pressed against 228 over Nasirnagar attack
- Khaleda sits with BNP policymakers
- Shakib made Tigers’ Test captain
- Most new taxpayers aged below 40, says Muhith
- SI without ticket gets violent
- Two killed in Sirajganj road accident
- Missing Chandpur businessman turns up dead
- ICT exports: Palak eyes 6-fold increase by ‘21
- Contempt of court rule against EC
- Security guard burnt alive in N’ganj market fire
Tk 500 announced for child marriage info in Nalitabari
Nalitabari upazila administration announced Tk 500 for those who will provide information related to child marriage, aiming to stop child marriage bids.
Mokhlesur Rahman Ripon, chairman of Nalitabari upazila, made the announcement while talking at the upazila development coordination committee meeting on Thursday.
The administration took the initiative to take prompt action in preventing child marriage, he said.
Besides, the upazila chairman also said he will bear the educational expenses of the girls who will inform the incident of their own child marriage attempts to the local administration.
Tarafdar Sohle Rahman, Upazila Nirbahi Offcer, said already the upazila administration has taken so many steps to prevent child marriage.