- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
Tk 500 announced for child marriage info in Nalitabari
Nalitabari upazila administration announced Tk 500 for those who will provide information related to child marriage, aiming to stop child marriage bids.
Mokhlesur Rahman Ripon, chairman of Nalitabari upazila, made the announcement while talking at the upazila development coordination committee meeting on Thursday.
The administration took the initiative to take prompt action in preventing child marriage, he said.
Besides, the upazila chairman also said he will bear the educational expenses of the girls who will inform the incident of their own child marriage attempts to the local administration.
Tarafdar Sohle Rahman, Upazila Nirbahi Offcer, said already the upazila administration has taken so many steps to prevent child marriage.