- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Army to work as per charter in next polls: Obaidul
- 2 hurt in Sirajganj clash die
- Restaurant owner killed in Rajshahi road crash
- BNP calls PM’s progress remarks ‘hollow’
- 2 British-Bangladeshi women in London fire victims: Police
- Cops unfold abduction drama of Ctg ex-BCL leader
- 4 go missing in Moinot Ghat, Cox’s Bazar Sea Beach
- Mugger held while fleeing with booty in B’baria
Tk 500 announced for child marriage info in Nalitabari
Nalitabari upazila administration announced Tk 500 for those who will provide information related to child marriage, aiming to stop child marriage bids.
Mokhlesur Rahman Ripon, chairman of Nalitabari upazila, made the announcement while talking at the upazila development coordination committee meeting on Thursday.
The administration took the initiative to take prompt action in preventing child marriage, he said.
Besides, the upazila chairman also said he will bear the educational expenses of the girls who will inform the incident of their own child marriage attempts to the local administration.
Tarafdar Sohle Rahman, Upazila Nirbahi Offcer, said already the upazila administration has taken so many steps to prevent child marriage.