- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
- Moosa to be blocked from leaving country
- Ex-UP member hacked dead in Pabna
- Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights: PM
- 50 hospitalised due to ‘food poisoning’ in Thakurgaon
Tk 500 announced for child marriage info in Nalitabari
Nalitabari upazila administration announced Tk 500 for those who will provide information related to child marriage, aiming to stop child marriage bids.
Mokhlesur Rahman Ripon, chairman of Nalitabari upazila, made the announcement while talking at the upazila development coordination committee meeting on Thursday.
The administration took the initiative to take prompt action in preventing child marriage, he said.
Besides, the upazila chairman also said he will bear the educational expenses of the girls who will inform the incident of their own child marriage attempts to the local administration.
Tarafdar Sohle Rahman, Upazila Nirbahi Offcer, said already the upazila administration has taken so many steps to prevent child marriage.