- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Army to work as per charter in next polls: Obaidul
- 2 hurt in Sirajganj clash die
- Restaurant owner killed in Rajshahi road crash
- BNP calls PM’s progress remarks ‘hollow’
- 2 British-Bangladeshi women in London fire victims: Police
- Cops unfold abduction drama of Ctg ex-BCL leader
- 4 go missing in Moinot Ghat, Cox’s Bazar Sea Beach
- Mugger held while fleeing with booty in B’baria
PM goes to Saudi Saturday to attend summit
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina leaves here for Riyadh on Saturday night on a four-day official visit to Saudi Arabia to attend the Arab Islamic American Summit.
A VVIP flight of Biman Bangladesh Airlines carrying the Prime Minister and her entourage will take off from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport around 8pm.
The flight is scheduled to reach King Khalid International Airport in the Saudi capital at 11:15 pm local time the same day.
Bangladesh Ambassador to Saudi Arabia Golam Moshi will receive Sheikh Hasina at the airport.
From the airport, a ceremonial motorcade will escort her to Movenpick Hotel Riyadh where she will stay for two days.
“The Prime Minister is joining the summit at the invitation of Saudi King and Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud,” PM’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim told UNB.
On May 11, Saudi Minister for Culture and Information Dr Awad Bin-Saleh Al-Awad handed over the invitation letter of the Saudi King to the Prime Minister at Ganobhaban.