- Statue reinstalled in front of SC annex building
- IBBL organises conference on ‘business development’ in Sylhet
- Cop-JU student clash injures 20 over death of JU students
- Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
- Safe Motherhood Day Sunday
- Cousins drown in a pond in Comilla
- Bangladesh produces record 9358MW electricity
- FF commander among 2 killed in Gopalganj road crash
- 500 more beds to be added at NICVD: Nasim
- Transport workers block roads in Jamalpur for 5 hrs
Customs intelligence official held in Ctg for graft
Members of the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) on Friday arrested Mumin Majumdar, a customs intelligence officer, from the city’s Agrabad area for accumulating wealth illegally.
Mumin Majumdar was arrested from the area in the morning, said Mohiuddin Selim, officer-in-charge of Double Mooring Police Station.
Mosharraf Hossain, deputy director of ACC Chittagong zone, said ACC filed a case against Mumin with Comilla Model Police Station for acquiring wealth over Tk 12.26 crore illegally and misappropriating Tk 40 lakh.