- If Zia’s rule is ‘illegal’ so is AL’s: BNP
- 46,664 pilgrims yet to travel to Saudi: Biman
- Poacher held with deer skin in Bagerhat
- FF beaten dead in Magura
- Elderly man found dead in Comilla
- Imran Sarkar attacked again
- Tk 1725cr railway project eyes to boost BD-India connectivity
- Bourses end week in red
- Fresh move on to bring multinational companies to share market
- Youth dies from electrocution at Benapole
Customs intelligence official held in Ctg for graft
Members of the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) on Friday arrested Mumin Majumdar, a customs intelligence officer, from the city’s Agrabad area for accumulating wealth illegally.
Mumin Majumdar was arrested from the area in the morning, said Mohiuddin Selim, officer-in-charge of Double Mooring Police Station.
Mosharraf Hossain, deputy director of ACC Chittagong zone, said ACC filed a case against Mumin with Comilla Model Police Station for acquiring wealth over Tk 12.26 crore illegally and misappropriating Tk 40 lakh.