- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
- Moosa to be blocked from leaving country
- Ex-UP member hacked dead in Pabna
- Addressing climate change means ensuring human rights: PM
- 50 hospitalised due to ‘food poisoning’ in Thakurgaon
Customs intelligence official held in Ctg for graft
Members of the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) on Friday arrested Mumin Majumdar, a customs intelligence officer, from the city’s Agrabad area for accumulating wealth illegally.
Mumin Majumdar was arrested from the area in the morning, said Mohiuddin Selim, officer-in-charge of Double Mooring Police Station.
Mosharraf Hossain, deputy director of ACC Chittagong zone, said ACC filed a case against Mumin with Comilla Model Police Station for acquiring wealth over Tk 12.26 crore illegally and misappropriating Tk 40 lakh.