- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Army to work as per charter in next polls: Obaidul
- 2 hurt in Sirajganj clash die
- Restaurant owner killed in Rajshahi road crash
- BNP calls PM’s progress remarks ‘hollow’
- 2 British-Bangladeshi women in London fire victims: Police
- Cops unfold abduction drama of Ctg ex-BCL leader
- 4 go missing in Moinot Ghat, Cox’s Bazar Sea Beach
- Mugger held while fleeing with booty in B’baria
Customs intelligence official held in Ctg for graft
Members of the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) on Friday arrested Mumin Majumdar, a customs intelligence officer, from the city’s Agrabad area for accumulating wealth illegally.
Mumin Majumdar was arrested from the area in the morning, said Mohiuddin Selim, officer-in-charge of Double Mooring Police Station.
Mosharraf Hossain, deputy director of ACC Chittagong zone, said ACC filed a case against Mumin with Comilla Model Police Station for acquiring wealth over Tk 12.26 crore illegally and misappropriating Tk 40 lakh.