- Dhaka urges UNSC to solve Rohingya, Palestine crises
- Explain newborn’s death on Dhaka city road: HC
- Prof Golam Rabbani made DU new proctor
- 50 pc Rohingyas, stranded in no-man’s land, entered BD
- Tanbir’s 61* spurs Bangladesh A 1-0 lead against Ireland A
- Khaleda gets bail in two graft cases
- No head teachers at 249 govt pry schools in Shariatpur
- ‘Breed like rabbits’ or victims of statelessness? The Rohingya women who reject
- AL wants law enforcers to maintain law & order during polls
- Tumpa murder: Husband held from Jessore
Customs intelligence official held in Ctg for graft
Members of the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) on Friday arrested Mumin Majumdar, a customs intelligence officer, from the city’s Agrabad area for accumulating wealth illegally.
Mumin Majumdar was arrested from the area in the morning, said Mohiuddin Selim, officer-in-charge of Double Mooring Police Station.
Mosharraf Hossain, deputy director of ACC Chittagong zone, said ACC filed a case against Mumin with Comilla Model Police Station for acquiring wealth over Tk 12.26 crore illegally and misappropriating Tk 40 lakh.