- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
Uni Cricket: CU, SU reach semifinal
Chittagong University and Southern University advanced to the semifinals of the Dakkhina Inter-University T20 Cricket Tournament winning their respective ties at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium on Sunday.
Chittagong University beat Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology (CUET) by five wickets in the day’s first game.
CUET batted first after winning the toss and scored 112 for 7 in allocated 20 overs with Hasib making not out 60 runs.
In reply, Chittagong University reached their target scoring 114 runs for the loss of five wickets in 18.1 overs with Shamsul Arefin contributing 47 runs to be adjudged man of the match.
In the day’s other match, Southern University beat Independent University, Chittagong by six wickets at the same venue.
Independent University batted first after winning the toss and scored 95 for 7 in 20 overs, Robin top-scoring with 24 runs.
In reply, Southern University easily reached their target scoring 96 runs for the loss of four wickets in 15.1 overs with Ratan Das scoring 42 runs to be adjudged man of the match.