- No Hasina-led supportive govt: BNP
- Gold trader chopped dead in Khulna
- Gas crisis in CNG stations temporary: Nasrul
- Nahid for expanding technical education
- Boy tortured on theft charge in Habiganj
- Khaleda to take part in next general polls under Hasina-led govt:
- 4 fishermen kidnapped in Bhola
- Militancy big barrier to development: PM
- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
DU students demand justice for Afia
Scores of students of Dhaka University staged a protest in front of the Raju Memorial Sculpture on the campus on Wednesday demanding punishment of those who were involved in the medical ‘malpractice’ that caused death of Afia Jahan Chaity, a first year student of Zoology Department of the university.
Over thousand students from different departments, institutes and halls formed a human chain protesting the death of their fellow Afia, 20, due to alleged wrong treatment in city’s Central Hospital on May 18.
Zoology Department Professor Dr Niamul Naser said, “Afia was admitted to the Central Hospital with pneumonia. Later, the hospital authorities diagnosed her with cancer. The mystery has been created about the death of Afia as reason of her death was not confirmed in the death certificate. We want trial of those who were involved in the negligence in treatment.”