- If Zia’s rule is ‘illegal’ so is AL’s: BNP
- 46,664 pilgrims yet to travel to Saudi: Biman
- Poacher held with deer skin in Bagerhat
- FF beaten dead in Magura
- Elderly man found dead in Comilla
- Imran Sarkar attacked again
- Tk 1725cr railway project eyes to boost BD-India connectivity
- Bourses end week in red
- Fresh move on to bring multinational companies to share market
- Youth dies from electrocution at Benapole
DU students demand justice for Afia
Scores of students of Dhaka University staged a protest in front of the Raju Memorial Sculpture on the campus on Wednesday demanding punishment of those who were involved in the medical ‘malpractice’ that caused death of Afia Jahan Chaity, a first year student of Zoology Department of the university.
Over thousand students from different departments, institutes and halls formed a human chain protesting the death of their fellow Afia, 20, due to alleged wrong treatment in city’s Central Hospital on May 18.
Zoology Department Professor Dr Niamul Naser said, “Afia was admitted to the Central Hospital with pneumonia. Later, the hospital authorities diagnosed her with cancer. The mystery has been created about the death of Afia as reason of her death was not confirmed in the death certificate. We want trial of those who were involved in the negligence in treatment.”