- DNCC polls stayed for 6 months: EC
- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
Ailing SUST VC shifted to Dhaka hospital
Ailing vice-chancellor of Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST) Aminul Haque Bhuiyan has been shifted to a hospital in the capital from the district on Wednesday afternoon for better treatment.
The VC flew for Dhaka by an air-ambulance around 12:30pm and was admitted to United Hospital in the city, said VCs personal secretary and administrative officer Kabir Uddin.
The VC was rushed to Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College on Tuesday night after he felt severe chest pain around 10pm, he said.
Dr ATM Abdul Jalil told journalists that the condition of Aminul Haque Bhuyan is stable now and they referred him to a city hospital for better treatment.