- No Hasina-led supportive govt: BNP
- Gold trader chopped dead in Khulna
- Gas crisis in CNG stations temporary: Nasrul
- Nahid for expanding technical education
- Boy tortured on theft charge in Habiganj
- Khaleda to take part in next general polls under Hasina-led govt:
- 4 fishermen kidnapped in Bhola
- Militancy big barrier to development: PM
- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
Ailing SUST VC shifted to Dhaka hospital
Ailing vice-chancellor of Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST) Aminul Haque Bhuiyan has been shifted to a hospital in the capital from the district on Wednesday afternoon for better treatment.
The VC flew for Dhaka by an air-ambulance around 12:30pm and was admitted to United Hospital in the city, said VCs personal secretary and administrative officer Kabir Uddin.
The VC was rushed to Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College on Tuesday night after he felt severe chest pain around 10pm, he said.
Dr ATM Abdul Jalil told journalists that the condition of Aminul Haque Bhuyan is stable now and they referred him to a city hospital for better treatment.