- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Reduced flat VAT rate for all, says Muhith
Reiterating that the proposed rate of value added tax (VAT) will be reduced, Finance Minister AMA Muhith on Sunday said a flat rate will be introduced for all.
He made the remarks while talking to reporters after his pre-budget meetings with two trade bodies -- Dhaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) and Bangladesh Insurance Association (BIA) -- at the Finance Ministry conference room.
Muhith’s assurance came amid demands from different trade and chamber bodies to reduce the VAT rate.
At present, there is a variable VAT rate for different sectors with the highest range being 15 percent.