- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Reduced flat VAT rate for all, says Muhith
Reiterating that the proposed rate of value added tax (VAT) will be reduced, Finance Minister AMA Muhith on Sunday said a flat rate will be introduced for all.
He made the remarks while talking to reporters after his pre-budget meetings with two trade bodies -- Dhaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) and Bangladesh Insurance Association (BIA) -- at the Finance Ministry conference room.
Muhith’s assurance came amid demands from different trade and chamber bodies to reduce the VAT rate.
At present, there is a variable VAT rate for different sectors with the highest range being 15 percent.