- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Reduced flat VAT rate for all, says Muhith
Reiterating that the proposed rate of value added tax (VAT) will be reduced, Finance Minister AMA Muhith on Sunday said a flat rate will be introduced for all.
He made the remarks while talking to reporters after his pre-budget meetings with two trade bodies -- Dhaka Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DCCI) and Bangladesh Insurance Association (BIA) -- at the Finance Ministry conference room.
Muhith’s assurance came amid demands from different trade and chamber bodies to reduce the VAT rate.
At present, there is a variable VAT rate for different sectors with the highest range being 15 percent.