- DNCC polls stayed for 6 months: EC
- ‘Idea of repatriation now is a farce’: Fortify Rights
- BNP seeks constitutional amendment for polls-time govt
- President calls for proper household data collection
- 2 die of cold in Khulna
- Action against PO, ministry staff, if found guilty: Nahid
- Myanmar’s neighbours eager to see progress in Rakhine
- 13,400 mts rice imported from Myanmar in 10 months: Report
- Saber receives Vietnam’s ‘Friendship Order’
- BSTI fines 11 business outlets in city
2 JU students killed in Savar road crash
Two students of Jahangirnagar University (JU) were killed when a bus hit a human hauler on Dhaka-Aricha highway at C&B Bus Stand here in the early morning of Friday.
Nazmul Hasan Rana, 24, a student of Marketing Department of the university and son of Abdul Kuddus of Pabna district, and Arafat, 24, of Microbiology Department were injured as the bus hit the human hauler carrying them around 5 am, said JU Proctor Tapan Kumar Saha.
The duo was rushed to Savar Enam Medical College Hospital where doctors declared Rana dead.
Later, Arafat also succumbed to his injuries this afternoon, said Nasir Ahmed, operation theatre in-charge of the hospital.
The accident occurred when the two students were returning to the campus after attending a religious sermon at Kolma Market Mosque under Savar union, said the university proctor.