- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
2 JU students killed in Savar road crash
Two students of Jahangirnagar University (JU) were killed when a bus hit a human hauler on Dhaka-Aricha highway at C&B Bus Stand here in the early morning of Friday.
Nazmul Hasan Rana, 24, a student of Marketing Department of the university and son of Abdul Kuddus of Pabna district, and Arafat, 24, of Microbiology Department were injured as the bus hit the human hauler carrying them around 5 am, said JU Proctor Tapan Kumar Saha.
The duo was rushed to Savar Enam Medical College Hospital where doctors declared Rana dead.
Later, Arafat also succumbed to his injuries this afternoon, said Nasir Ahmed, operation theatre in-charge of the hospital.
The accident occurred when the two students were returning to the campus after attending a religious sermon at Kolma Market Mosque under Savar union, said the university proctor.