- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
Champions Trophy: Tigers face Pakistan in warm-up match Saturday
Bangladesh will start their campaign in the eight-nation ICC Champions Trophy with a warm-up match against Pakistan at Edgbaston, Birmingham in England on Saturday.
The warm-up battle will begin at 3:30 pm (Bangladesh time).
After placing impressive 6th in the ODI ranking with a five-wicket win against New Zealand in the last match of the Ireland Tri-nation Series, Mashrafe Bin Mortaza’s associates moved to England on Thursday to represent Bangladesh in the Champions Trophy, also known as Mini World Cup, after around 10 years break.
Bangladesh played last in the tournament in 2006 and missed out on spots in the 2009 and 2013.
Before their main battles of the 8th edition, Bangladesh will face giant India in their 2nd warm-up match at Kennington Oval, London on May 30.
The Tigers will start their Group A campaign taking on host England in the tournament opener at Kennington Oval on June 1.