- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
Champions Trophy: Tigers face Pakistan in warm-up match Saturday
Bangladesh will start their campaign in the eight-nation ICC Champions Trophy with a warm-up match against Pakistan at Edgbaston, Birmingham in England on Saturday.
The warm-up battle will begin at 3:30 pm (Bangladesh time).
After placing impressive 6th in the ODI ranking with a five-wicket win against New Zealand in the last match of the Ireland Tri-nation Series, Mashrafe Bin Mortaza’s associates moved to England on Thursday to represent Bangladesh in the Champions Trophy, also known as Mini World Cup, after around 10 years break.
Bangladesh played last in the tournament in 2006 and missed out on spots in the 2009 and 2013.
Before their main battles of the 8th edition, Bangladesh will face giant India in their 2nd warm-up match at Kennington Oval, London on May 30.
The Tigers will start their Group A campaign taking on host England in the tournament opener at Kennington Oval on June 1.