- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Champions Trophy: Tigers face Pakistan in warm-up match Saturday
Bangladesh will start their campaign in the eight-nation ICC Champions Trophy with a warm-up match against Pakistan at Edgbaston, Birmingham in England on Saturday.
The warm-up battle will begin at 3:30 pm (Bangladesh time).
After placing impressive 6th in the ODI ranking with a five-wicket win against New Zealand in the last match of the Ireland Tri-nation Series, Mashrafe Bin Mortaza’s associates moved to England on Thursday to represent Bangladesh in the Champions Trophy, also known as Mini World Cup, after around 10 years break.
Bangladesh played last in the tournament in 2006 and missed out on spots in the 2009 and 2013.
Before their main battles of the 8th edition, Bangladesh will face giant India in their 2nd warm-up match at Kennington Oval, London on May 30.
The Tigers will start their Group A campaign taking on host England in the tournament opener at Kennington Oval on June 1.