- Mobile SIM sale to Rohingyas going on defying ban
- 7 get life in prison for murder in Ctg
- EC to sit with women leaders Monday
- Govt urged to create separate lanes for auto rickshaws, tempos
- ‘BGB-BSF set for another round of war games’
- BD urges Turkey to build one lakh more shelters for Rohingyas
- Neo-JMB man arrested from Sherpur
- Myanmar must take back its nationals, Sushma tells Hasina
- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
A two-day international conference on “Advances in Computational Mathematics” kicked off at A F Mujibur Rahman Ganit Bhaban auditorium of Dhaka University (DU) on Saturday.
DU Vice-Chancellor Prof Dr AAMS Arefin Siddique inaugurated the conference, jointly organized by Dhaka University Mathematics Department and South Asian University, New Delhi, as the chief guest.
DU Mathematics Department Chairman and Convener of the Conference Prof Dr Amulya C Mandal presided over the inaugural session while President of Bangladesh Mathematical Society Prof Dr Sajeda Banu and Professor of the South Asian University, New Delhi Dr Ranjan K Mohanty addressed as the special guests.
Secretary of Organizing Committee Dr Samir Kumar Bhowmik delivered the welcome speech. Associate Professor of DU Mathematics Department Dr Chandra Nath Podder conducted the program.
Speaking at the programme, DU VC Arefin Siddique stressed the need for mathematics education from the primary level, adding that Mathematics is the most fundamental of sciences and serves not only as a basis for many other sciences but for the entire tree of knowledge.