- No Hasina-led supportive govt: BNP
- Gold trader chopped dead in Khulna
- Gas crisis in CNG stations temporary: Nasrul
- Nahid for expanding technical education
- Boy tortured on theft charge in Habiganj
- Khaleda to take part in next general polls under Hasina-led govt:
- 4 fishermen kidnapped in Bhola
- Militancy big barrier to development: PM
- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
A two-day international conference on “Advances in Computational Mathematics” kicked off at A F Mujibur Rahman Ganit Bhaban auditorium of Dhaka University (DU) on Saturday.
DU Vice-Chancellor Prof Dr AAMS Arefin Siddique inaugurated the conference, jointly organized by Dhaka University Mathematics Department and South Asian University, New Delhi, as the chief guest.
DU Mathematics Department Chairman and Convener of the Conference Prof Dr Amulya C Mandal presided over the inaugural session while President of Bangladesh Mathematical Society Prof Dr Sajeda Banu and Professor of the South Asian University, New Delhi Dr Ranjan K Mohanty addressed as the special guests.
Secretary of Organizing Committee Dr Samir Kumar Bhowmik delivered the welcome speech. Associate Professor of DU Mathematics Department Dr Chandra Nath Podder conducted the program.
Speaking at the programme, DU VC Arefin Siddique stressed the need for mathematics education from the primary level, adding that Mathematics is the most fundamental of sciences and serves not only as a basis for many other sciences but for the entire tree of knowledge.