- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
Two-day Int’l Conf on Computational Mathematics begins at DU
A two-day international conference on “Advances in Computational Mathematics” kicked off at A F Mujibur Rahman Ganit Bhaban auditorium of Dhaka University (DU) on Saturday.
DU Vice-Chancellor Prof Dr AAMS Arefin Siddique inaugurated the conference, jointly organized by Dhaka University Mathematics Department and South Asian University, New Delhi, as the chief guest.
DU Mathematics Department Chairman and Convener of the Conference Prof Dr Amulya C Mandal presided over the inaugural session while President of Bangladesh Mathematical Society Prof Dr Sajeda Banu and Professor of the South Asian University, New Delhi Dr Ranjan K Mohanty addressed as the special guests.
Secretary of Organizing Committee Dr Samir Kumar Bhowmik delivered the welcome speech. Associate Professor of DU Mathematics Department Dr Chandra Nath Podder conducted the program.
Speaking at the programme, DU VC Arefin Siddique stressed the need for mathematics education from the primary level, adding that Mathematics is the most fundamental of sciences and serves not only as a basis for many other sciences but for the entire tree of knowledge.