- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
BWCCI for raising tax-free income limit to Tk 4 lakh
Bangladesh Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BWCCI) on Thursday suggested increasing personal tax-free income limit for women to Tk 4, 00,000 instead of Tk 3, 00,000 in the proposed budget.
It said there is no specific indication of the reserve allocation of Tk 100 crore in the proposed budget which needs to be mentioned in the revised budget specifically.
The women entrepreneurs who pay taxes on regular basis should be brought under health and accident insurance policy, said the BWCCI.
The trade body suggested establishment of separate banks at the divisional level for women entrepreneurs. “The interest rate of bank loan for the women entrepreneurs should be 7-8 percent,” said the BWCCI in its budget reaction.
It suggested increasing budget allocation for the infrastructure development of tourism sector to encourage more women entrepreneurs and also take necessary measures for developing new tourism areas. Sufficient measures should also be taken for the protection of tourists.