- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
BWCCI for raising tax-free income limit to Tk 4 lakh
Bangladesh Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BWCCI) on Thursday suggested increasing personal tax-free income limit for women to Tk 4, 00,000 instead of Tk 3, 00,000 in the proposed budget.
It said there is no specific indication of the reserve allocation of Tk 100 crore in the proposed budget which needs to be mentioned in the revised budget specifically.
The women entrepreneurs who pay taxes on regular basis should be brought under health and accident insurance policy, said the BWCCI.
The trade body suggested establishment of separate banks at the divisional level for women entrepreneurs. “The interest rate of bank loan for the women entrepreneurs should be 7-8 percent,” said the BWCCI in its budget reaction.
It suggested increasing budget allocation for the infrastructure development of tourism sector to encourage more women entrepreneurs and also take necessary measures for developing new tourism areas. Sufficient measures should also be taken for the protection of tourists.