- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
AL men attacking BNP’s religious progs: Fakhrul
BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir on Saturday alleged that ruling party men are obstructing and attacking their religious programmes like iftar parties at different parts of the country.
“They (AL men) are foiling our iftar parties across the country. Police are not giving us permission for holding iftar parties at some places while the law enforcers together with the ruling party men are attacking us at some other places. Such an incident took place yesterday (Friday) in Keraniganj,” he said.
The BNP leader came up with the remarks at a press conference at the party’s Nayapaltan central office. The press meet was arranged denouncing the attack on an iftar party arranged by BNP chairperson’s adviser Amanullah Aman.
Fakhrul said local ruling party leaders and activists attacked the iftar party hosted by Aman at Hazratpur in Keraniganj and they later attacked his residence there.
“The government is not only launching such attacks on political parties, but also on religious programmes. We think the government is snatching people’s all basic rights with its repressive acts. We strongly condemn the government’s such attacks and obstructions,” he said.