- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
AL men attacking BNP’s religious progs: Fakhrul
BNP secretary general Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir on Saturday alleged that ruling party men are obstructing and attacking their religious programmes like iftar parties at different parts of the country.
“They (AL men) are foiling our iftar parties across the country. Police are not giving us permission for holding iftar parties at some places while the law enforcers together with the ruling party men are attacking us at some other places. Such an incident took place yesterday (Friday) in Keraniganj,” he said.
The BNP leader came up with the remarks at a press conference at the party’s Nayapaltan central office. The press meet was arranged denouncing the attack on an iftar party arranged by BNP chairperson’s adviser Amanullah Aman.
Fakhrul said local ruling party leaders and activists attacked the iftar party hosted by Aman at Hazratpur in Keraniganj and they later attacked his residence there.
“The government is not only launching such attacks on political parties, but also on religious programmes. We think the government is snatching people’s all basic rights with its repressive acts. We strongly condemn the government’s such attacks and obstructions,” he said.