- No Hasina-led supportive govt: BNP
- Gold trader chopped dead in Khulna
- Gas crisis in CNG stations temporary: Nasrul
- Nahid for expanding technical education
- Boy tortured on theft charge in Habiganj
- Khaleda to take part in next general polls under Hasina-led govt:
- 4 fishermen kidnapped in Bhola
- Militancy big barrier to development: PM
- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
South Asian University students back JU fellows
Expressing solidarity with the students of Jahangirnagar University (JU), students of South Asian University (SAU) placed four-point demand, including dropping the police case and all the charges brought against the JU students.
“We’re deeply concerned about the depressing situation that has been developing since May 26 on the Jahangirnagar University campus,” said the New Delhi-based university students from all the Saarc countries.
They demanded safety measures on Dhaka-Aricha highway, stopping police brutality inside the campus and punishing those who attacked the students and reopening the student dormitories and resuming the classes immediately.