- 7-murder: HC confirms death penalty of Nur, 14 others
- SC stays HC order over law secy’s contractual appointment
- Shujan suggests dissolution of parliament for level-playing field
- People pay last tributes to beloved actor Razzak
- PM gives assistance to 6 arson attack victims’ families
- HC delivering verdict on N’ganj 7-murder
- JS awaits debate on SC verdict as it goes into session Sept 10
- Cattle entry from India, Myanmar looks fairly good ahead of eid
- People to pay last respects to ‘Nayakraj’ at FDC, Shaheed Minar
- Shamim Osman skewers CJ’s Pakistan reference
South Asian University students back JU fellows
Expressing solidarity with the students of Jahangirnagar University (JU), students of South Asian University (SAU) placed four-point demand, including dropping the police case and all the charges brought against the JU students.
“We’re deeply concerned about the depressing situation that has been developing since May 26 on the Jahangirnagar University campus,” said the New Delhi-based university students from all the Saarc countries.
They demanded safety measures on Dhaka-Aricha highway, stopping police brutality inside the campus and punishing those who attacked the students and reopening the student dormitories and resuming the classes immediately.