- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
South Asian University students back JU fellows
Expressing solidarity with the students of Jahangirnagar University (JU), students of South Asian University (SAU) placed four-point demand, including dropping the police case and all the charges brought against the JU students.
“We’re deeply concerned about the depressing situation that has been developing since May 26 on the Jahangirnagar University campus,” said the New Delhi-based university students from all the Saarc countries.
They demanded safety measures on Dhaka-Aricha highway, stopping police brutality inside the campus and punishing those who attacked the students and reopening the student dormitories and resuming the classes immediately.