- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
South Asian University students back JU fellows
Expressing solidarity with the students of Jahangirnagar University (JU), students of South Asian University (SAU) placed four-point demand, including dropping the police case and all the charges brought against the JU students.
“We’re deeply concerned about the depressing situation that has been developing since May 26 on the Jahangirnagar University campus,” said the New Delhi-based university students from all the Saarc countries.
They demanded safety measures on Dhaka-Aricha highway, stopping police brutality inside the campus and punishing those who attacked the students and reopening the student dormitories and resuming the classes immediately.