- BNP demands action against Thakurpara attackers
- Panthapath hotel operation: Another ‘militant’ held in city
- Riyad made USAID’s Goodwill Ambassador for youth & dev in BD
- AL leader found slaughtered in Satkhira
- ‘Evil design’ behind delay in appointing new CJ: Moudud
- Govt to be forced to accept demand: BN
- Suu Kyi blames world conflicts partly on illegal immigration
- Zimbabwe's Mugabe faces deadline to resign, or impeachment
- Asian 14/U Series Tennis inaugurated
- Sports-BPL: Tamim, Liton fined for breaching BCB Code of Conduct
PDB suffers loss of Tk 7135.03cr in 2016-17
Among the 45 state-owned enterprises (SOEs), the Power Development Board (PDB) incurred the highest loss of Tk 7135.03 crore in the outgoing fiscal 2016-17 year while the total loss of the SOEs is Tk 8630 crore.
The PDB shares 84.39 percent of the total loss incurred by the 45 SOEs.
This was revealed in a budget document ‘Budget-Brief of SOEs of 2016-17’ published by the Monitoring Cell of the Finance Division of the Finance Ministry.
Such a document on the budgetary framework of the SOEs was published by the government for the first time.
As per the document, the PDB loss has increased by Tk 897.52 crore from the previous fiscal year when it incurred a loss of Tk 6237 crore.
The PDB has been the prime organisation in the power sector responsible for power generation across the country.