- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
PDB suffers loss of Tk 7135.03cr in 2016-17
Among the 45 state-owned enterprises (SOEs), the Power Development Board (PDB) incurred the highest loss of Tk 7135.03 crore in the outgoing fiscal 2016-17 year while the total loss of the SOEs is Tk 8630 crore.
The PDB shares 84.39 percent of the total loss incurred by the 45 SOEs.
This was revealed in a budget document ‘Budget-Brief of SOEs of 2016-17’ published by the Monitoring Cell of the Finance Division of the Finance Ministry.
Such a document on the budgetary framework of the SOEs was published by the government for the first time.
As per the document, the PDB loss has increased by Tk 897.52 crore from the previous fiscal year when it incurred a loss of Tk 6237 crore.
The PDB has been the prime organisation in the power sector responsible for power generation across the country.