- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Ambassador Ismat promoted to Sr Secretary
In a latest development, the government has promoted Ambassador Ismat Jahan to the rank of Senior Secretary, the first officer from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to be promoted to that rank.
She is currently serving as Organisation of Islamic Cooperation’s (OIC) Ambassador in Brussels and Permanent Observer to the European Union.
Ambassador Ismat Jahan is a career diplomat from 1982 batch of Bangladesh Civil Service.
“It is well deserved recognition for foreign service,” Ambassador Ismat told UNB.
She further said it was long overdue and she is grateful to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for honouring her with this.
Mentioning her as the senior most in the Foreign Service, Ismat also said, “This is also a great tribute to the women in our foreign service.”