- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
Ambassador Ismat promoted to Sr Secretary
In a latest development, the government has promoted Ambassador Ismat Jahan to the rank of Senior Secretary, the first officer from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to be promoted to that rank.
She is currently serving as Organisation of Islamic Cooperation’s (OIC) Ambassador in Brussels and Permanent Observer to the European Union.
Ambassador Ismat Jahan is a career diplomat from 1982 batch of Bangladesh Civil Service.
“It is well deserved recognition for foreign service,” Ambassador Ismat told UNB.
She further said it was long overdue and she is grateful to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for honouring her with this.
Mentioning her as the senior most in the Foreign Service, Ismat also said, “This is also a great tribute to the women in our foreign service.”