- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
- PM for deeper understanding within South
Ambassador Ismat promoted to Sr Secretary
In a latest development, the government has promoted Ambassador Ismat Jahan to the rank of Senior Secretary, the first officer from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to be promoted to that rank.
She is currently serving as Organisation of Islamic Cooperation’s (OIC) Ambassador in Brussels and Permanent Observer to the European Union.
Ambassador Ismat Jahan is a career diplomat from 1982 batch of Bangladesh Civil Service.
“It is well deserved recognition for foreign service,” Ambassador Ismat told UNB.
She further said it was long overdue and she is grateful to Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for honouring her with this.
Mentioning her as the senior most in the Foreign Service, Ismat also said, “This is also a great tribute to the women in our foreign service.”