- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
37 female activists of Jamaat held in Jessore
Police in a drive detained 37 female activists of Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami, including two ‘Rokon’, from Basundia area in Sadar upazila of the district on Sunday.
The detained Rokons were identified as Rijia Begum, wife of Maulana A Rashid, a resident of Jagannathpur village and Shahnaj Begum, wife of Khokon Mia, a resident of Basundia Binimoy Para of Sadar upazila.
Fazar Ali, In-charge of Basundia Police camp, said being tipped off a team of police raided a house and detained them while they were holding a clandestine meeting.
They were planning to carry out subversive activities, In-charge added.