- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
37 female activists of Jamaat held in Jessore
Police in a drive detained 37 female activists of Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami, including two ‘Rokon’, from Basundia area in Sadar upazila of the district on Sunday.
The detained Rokons were identified as Rijia Begum, wife of Maulana A Rashid, a resident of Jagannathpur village and Shahnaj Begum, wife of Khokon Mia, a resident of Basundia Binimoy Para of Sadar upazila.
Fazar Ali, In-charge of Basundia Police camp, said being tipped off a team of police raided a house and detained them while they were holding a clandestine meeting.
They were planning to carry out subversive activities, In-charge added.