- Remain alert about behaviour, attitude, PM tells party men
- S Korea to provide $1.5 mn for Rohingyas in Bangladesh
- Rohingya crisis: BNP says PM failed to convince global leaders
- IBBL gets award for highest remittance collection
- 6 killed in Munshiganj textile mill fire
- Mexicans dig in rubble seeking survivors as quake kills 248
- Resolve Rohingya crisis ‘before it’s too late’, PM to OIC
- BNP accuses AL men of attacking puja mandaps
- Tonu killers still remain unidentified
- 2 friends electrocuted in Magura
37 female activists of Jamaat held in Jessore
Police in a drive detained 37 female activists of Bangladesh Jamaat-e-Islami, including two ‘Rokon’, from Basundia area in Sadar upazila of the district on Sunday.
The detained Rokons were identified as Rijia Begum, wife of Maulana A Rashid, a resident of Jagannathpur village and Shahnaj Begum, wife of Khokon Mia, a resident of Basundia Binimoy Para of Sadar upazila.
Fazar Ali, In-charge of Basundia Police camp, said being tipped off a team of police raided a house and detained them while they were holding a clandestine meeting.
They were planning to carry out subversive activities, In-charge added.