- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
Man killed over land dispute in Munshiganj
A man was killed in a clash over a land-related dispute at Basail village in Sirajdikhan upazila of the district on Sunday Afternoon.
The deceased was identified as Mojibor Khan, 50, son of Jahed Khan, a resident of Basail village of the upazila.
Yardous Hasan, officer-in-charge of Sirajdikhan Police Station, said Nuru Khan, son of Babul also a resident of the village, had long been at loggerheads with Mojibor Khan over the ownership of a piece of land.
Over the issue, they locked into a clash with locally made weapons at around 4:30pm when Nuru Khan hit Mojibor Khan, leaving him injured.
Later, the Mojibor succumbed to his injuries on the way of Upazila Health Complex.
On information, police recovered the body and sent to Munshiganj morgue for an autopsy, the OC added.