- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
Man killed over land dispute in Munshiganj
A man was killed in a clash over a land-related dispute at Basail village in Sirajdikhan upazila of the district on Sunday Afternoon.
The deceased was identified as Mojibor Khan, 50, son of Jahed Khan, a resident of Basail village of the upazila.
Yardous Hasan, officer-in-charge of Sirajdikhan Police Station, said Nuru Khan, son of Babul also a resident of the village, had long been at loggerheads with Mojibor Khan over the ownership of a piece of land.
Over the issue, they locked into a clash with locally made weapons at around 4:30pm when Nuru Khan hit Mojibor Khan, leaving him injured.
Later, the Mojibor succumbed to his injuries on the way of Upazila Health Complex.
On information, police recovered the body and sent to Munshiganj morgue for an autopsy, the OC added.