- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
- PM for deeper understanding within South
Man killed over land dispute in Munshiganj
A man was killed in a clash over a land-related dispute at Basail village in Sirajdikhan upazila of the district on Sunday Afternoon.
The deceased was identified as Mojibor Khan, 50, son of Jahed Khan, a resident of Basail village of the upazila.
Yardous Hasan, officer-in-charge of Sirajdikhan Police Station, said Nuru Khan, son of Babul also a resident of the village, had long been at loggerheads with Mojibor Khan over the ownership of a piece of land.
Over the issue, they locked into a clash with locally made weapons at around 4:30pm when Nuru Khan hit Mojibor Khan, leaving him injured.
Later, the Mojibor succumbed to his injuries on the way of Upazila Health Complex.
On information, police recovered the body and sent to Munshiganj morgue for an autopsy, the OC added.