- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
1 killed as AL factions clash in Munshiganj
A person has been killed in a clash between two local groups of ruling Awami League over establishing dominance in Munshiganj Sadar upazila’s Char Kewar union early Saturday.
The deceased is Md Masud, 22.
At least 10 others were also injured in the clash.
Munshiganj Sadar police station Officer-in-Charge Md Younus Ali confirmed the matter to Dhaka Tribune.
He said: “The two groups engaged in a clash over establishing dominance in the locality. One died on the spot and two others were critically injured.
“Additional police forces were deployed in the area to avoid further skirmishes.”
Former union parishad chairman Afsar Uddin Bhuiyan said the supporters of UP members Harun and Mantu locked in the clash.
However, current chairman of Char Kewar union Md Akteruzzaman said the clash erupted between Mantu group and Shahin Madbar group.
Superintendent of police Md Jayedul Alam said police had been investigating to find out the people who were involved in the incident.
“Law enforcers have been working to take control over the situation,” the SP added.