- PM slams judiciary for ‘wasting’ time with ‘silly’ matters
- Khaleda sits with her advisers
- BNP picks Babla for Rangpur city polls
- Australia to help BD for safe return of Rohingyas
- Khaleda must join polls under Hasina, says Shajahan
- Sheikh Hasina University Bill placed in JS
- Buet students to return to classes Saturday
- 5th Management Week begins at JU Wednesday
- Street movement if no understanding over polls, warns BNP
- IBBL receives highest taxpayer award
1 killed as AL factions clash in Munshiganj
A person has been killed in a clash between two local groups of ruling Awami League over establishing dominance in Munshiganj Sadar upazila’s Char Kewar union early Saturday.
The deceased is Md Masud, 22.
At least 10 others were also injured in the clash.
Munshiganj Sadar police station Officer-in-Charge Md Younus Ali confirmed the matter to Dhaka Tribune.
He said: “The two groups engaged in a clash over establishing dominance in the locality. One died on the spot and two others were critically injured.
“Additional police forces were deployed in the area to avoid further skirmishes.”
Former union parishad chairman Afsar Uddin Bhuiyan said the supporters of UP members Harun and Mantu locked in the clash.
However, current chairman of Char Kewar union Md Akteruzzaman said the clash erupted between Mantu group and Shahin Madbar group.
Superintendent of police Md Jayedul Alam said police had been investigating to find out the people who were involved in the incident.
“Law enforcers have been working to take control over the situation,” the SP added.