- Withdraw case filed against students: BNP
- Muggers loot mobile phone shop in Bogra
- AL factional clash injures 20 in Bianibazar
- Quarterfinals of Inter-University Football on Sunday
- Warrant issued against sub-inspector for dowry torture
- Woman hacked dead by ‘drug addict’ husband in N’ganj
- Eden College students’ protest in solidarity with DU affiliates
- Enamur’s ‘confession’ proves govt behind extrajudicial killings: BNP
- UP chairman killed in Sirajganj road crash
- Nahid for skilled manpower to explore, protect marine resources
HC stays Savar upazila parishad polls
The High Court has stayed the process for holding the election of Savar upazila parishad.
A High Court bench of Justice Tariq ul Hakim and Justice M Faruk passed the order on Monday, reports UNB.
Earlier, suspended upazila Chairman Kofil Uddin filed a writ petition with the court.
Secretary of Local Government Department Division, Deputy Commissioner of Dhaka and eight officials of the Election Commission were made respondents in the petition.
Advocate Baset Mazumder stood for the petitioner.