- Islami Bank gets award for highest remittance collection
- Memorial meeting on noted personalities of Bengali Literature
- Force Myanmar to take back Rohingyas, PM to IOM DG
- Female prisoner dies at Kashimpur jail
- President assents to 2 bills
- Govt to aid Rohingas until their return: Maya
- PM woos US investors; promises protection
- Padma Oil ex-MD held in city
- 9 killed in Rohinga relief-laden truck plunge
- PM for deeper understanding within South
HC stays Savar upazila parishad polls
The High Court has stayed the process for holding the election of Savar upazila parishad.
A High Court bench of Justice Tariq ul Hakim and Justice M Faruk passed the order on Monday, reports UNB.
Earlier, suspended upazila Chairman Kofil Uddin filed a writ petition with the court.
Secretary of Local Government Department Division, Deputy Commissioner of Dhaka and eight officials of the Election Commission were made respondents in the petition.
Advocate Baset Mazumder stood for the petitioner.