- Folk singer Bari Siddiqui no more
- Jt working group to implement instrument with Myanmar: Shahriar
- 47 rivers dredged in 8 yrs: Shipping Minister
- Asst train driver killed in Gazipur train-truck collision
- Train derailment in northern India kills 3, hurts 13 others
- Left parties call hartal on Nov 30 protesting power tariff hike
- One killed in Khilgaon police firing
- Board mill catches fire in Rangpur
- 9 held while giving proxy in PSC exams in Sherpur
- Jessore journo’s throat slashed
HC stays Savar upazila parishad polls
The High Court has stayed the process for holding the election of Savar upazila parishad.
A High Court bench of Justice Tariq ul Hakim and Justice M Faruk passed the order on Monday, reports UNB.
Earlier, suspended upazila Chairman Kofil Uddin filed a writ petition with the court.
Secretary of Local Government Department Division, Deputy Commissioner of Dhaka and eight officials of the Election Commission were made respondents in the petition.
Advocate Baset Mazumder stood for the petitioner.