- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Minister: Teesta water sharing framework in final stage
Water Resources Minister Anisul Islam Mahmood said on Tuesday that the government has nearly completed preparing the framework for the interim Teesta water sharing agreement, following guidelines dictated by the prime ministers of Bangladesh and India.
“The framework for the interim Teesta water sharing agreement is now in the final stage, under guidelines set by the two Prime Ministers,” he said while replying to a question raised by treasury bench member M Abul Kalam of Natore in the Jatiya Sangsad, BSS reported.
In addition, the minister informed the House that the government has also finalised the interim framework for the Feni river water sharing agreement.