- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
Minister: Teesta water sharing framework in final stage
Water Resources Minister Anisul Islam Mahmood said on Tuesday that the government has nearly completed preparing the framework for the interim Teesta water sharing agreement, following guidelines dictated by the prime ministers of Bangladesh and India.
“The framework for the interim Teesta water sharing agreement is now in the final stage, under guidelines set by the two Prime Ministers,” he said while replying to a question raised by treasury bench member M Abul Kalam of Natore in the Jatiya Sangsad, BSS reported.
In addition, the minister informed the House that the government has also finalised the interim framework for the Feni river water sharing agreement.