- If Zia’s rule is ‘illegal’ so is AL’s: BNP
- 46,664 pilgrims yet to travel to Saudi: Biman
- Poacher held with deer skin in Bagerhat
- FF beaten dead in Magura
- Elderly man found dead in Comilla
- Imran Sarkar attacked again
- Tk 1725cr railway project eyes to boost BD-India connectivity
- Bourses end week in red
- Fresh move on to bring multinational companies to share market
- Youth dies from electrocution at Benapole
Minister: Teesta water sharing framework in final stage
Water Resources Minister Anisul Islam Mahmood said on Tuesday that the government has nearly completed preparing the framework for the interim Teesta water sharing agreement, following guidelines dictated by the prime ministers of Bangladesh and India.
“The framework for the interim Teesta water sharing agreement is now in the final stage, under guidelines set by the two Prime Ministers,” he said while replying to a question raised by treasury bench member M Abul Kalam of Natore in the Jatiya Sangsad, BSS reported.
In addition, the minister informed the House that the government has also finalised the interim framework for the Feni river water sharing agreement.