- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
Two suspended over freight train derailment in Gazipur
The driver and assistant of a freight train have been suspended over Wednesday’s derailment in Pubail of Gazipur. Engine and seven goods-laden compartments were derailed and 30 feet loop-line was also damaged around 4:15am when the driver caused the accident disobeying the signal.
Railway Divisional Manager Arifuzzaman told Dhaka Tribune that the freight train was supposed to take a stopover at Pubail Station for giving pass preference to Dhaka-bound intercity trains Upobon Express and Turna Nishitha.
“But the freight train driver violated the signal. A train causes accident automatically if the drive flouts signal of nearby the station. “Primarily it is found that the freight train driver’s carelessness caused the derailment.
So driver Mostafizur Rahman and Assistant Jasim Uddin were suspended,” he added. A four-member probe committee was also formed on Wednesday for further investigation into the matter.