- If Zia’s rule is ‘illegal’ so is AL’s: BNP
- 46,664 pilgrims yet to travel to Saudi: Biman
- Poacher held with deer skin in Bagerhat
- FF beaten dead in Magura
- Elderly man found dead in Comilla
- Imran Sarkar attacked again
- Tk 1725cr railway project eyes to boost BD-India connectivity
- Bourses end week in red
- Fresh move on to bring multinational companies to share market
- Youth dies from electrocution at Benapole
Two suspended over freight train derailment in Gazipur
The driver and assistant of a freight train have been suspended over Wednesday’s derailment in Pubail of Gazipur. Engine and seven goods-laden compartments were derailed and 30 feet loop-line was also damaged around 4:15am when the driver caused the accident disobeying the signal.
Railway Divisional Manager Arifuzzaman told Dhaka Tribune that the freight train was supposed to take a stopover at Pubail Station for giving pass preference to Dhaka-bound intercity trains Upobon Express and Turna Nishitha.
“But the freight train driver violated the signal. A train causes accident automatically if the drive flouts signal of nearby the station. “Primarily it is found that the freight train driver’s carelessness caused the derailment.
So driver Mostafizur Rahman and Assistant Jasim Uddin were suspended,” he added. A four-member probe committee was also formed on Wednesday for further investigation into the matter.