- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Two suspended over freight train derailment in Gazipur
The driver and assistant of a freight train have been suspended over Wednesday’s derailment in Pubail of Gazipur. Engine and seven goods-laden compartments were derailed and 30 feet loop-line was also damaged around 4:15am when the driver caused the accident disobeying the signal.
Railway Divisional Manager Arifuzzaman told Dhaka Tribune that the freight train was supposed to take a stopover at Pubail Station for giving pass preference to Dhaka-bound intercity trains Upobon Express and Turna Nishitha.
“But the freight train driver violated the signal. A train causes accident automatically if the drive flouts signal of nearby the station. “Primarily it is found that the freight train driver’s carelessness caused the derailment.
So driver Mostafizur Rahman and Assistant Jasim Uddin were suspended,” he added. A four-member probe committee was also formed on Wednesday for further investigation into the matter.