- No Hasina-led supportive govt: BNP
- Gold trader chopped dead in Khulna
- Gas crisis in CNG stations temporary: Nasrul
- Nahid for expanding technical education
- Boy tortured on theft charge in Habiganj
- Khaleda to take part in next general polls under Hasina-led govt:
- 4 fishermen kidnapped in Bhola
- Militancy big barrier to development: PM
- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
Rangamati landslide: Body of missing army man found
The body of solider Md Azizur Rahman, who went missing in Rangamati landslide, has been recovered. His body was recovered on Thursday morning, Rangamati Fire Service Deputy Assistant Direction Didar Alam told the reporters.
At least 151 people, including several officers and members of the army, were killed in landslides triggered by torrential rain in Rangamati, Bandarban, Chittagong, Khagrachhari and Cox’s Bazar districts.
Of the total, 109 people were reported dead in Rangamati alone. Bodies of four other members of the army–Major Mohammad Mahfuzul Haq, Captain Md Tanvir Salam Shanto, Corporal Mohammad Azizul Haq and soldier Md Shahin Alamwere– were recovered on Tuesday.
10 others army men were also injured in the landslide in Rangamati’s Manikchhari.