- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Rangamati landslide: Body of missing army man found
The body of solider Md Azizur Rahman, who went missing in Rangamati landslide, has been recovered. His body was recovered on Thursday morning, Rangamati Fire Service Deputy Assistant Direction Didar Alam told the reporters.
At least 151 people, including several officers and members of the army, were killed in landslides triggered by torrential rain in Rangamati, Bandarban, Chittagong, Khagrachhari and Cox’s Bazar districts.
Of the total, 109 people were reported dead in Rangamati alone. Bodies of four other members of the army–Major Mohammad Mahfuzul Haq, Captain Md Tanvir Salam Shanto, Corporal Mohammad Azizul Haq and soldier Md Shahin Alamwere– were recovered on Tuesday.
10 others army men were also injured in the landslide in Rangamati’s Manikchhari.