- DU ‘Gha’ unit entry test results in afternoon
- Full HC verdict against Oishee published
- Oct 1-13 remittance earnings $566.57mn
- Hasina to Guterres: ‘Put more pressure on Myanmar’
- Country needs more CAs as economy growing fast: ICAB chief
- Only 10 parties seek army deployment with magistracy power
- Don’t pick persons linked to politics as polls observer: CEC
- Sushma Swaraj in city
- Relentless rains cripple life in city, elsewhere
- Section 144 imposed in Thakurgaon
Rangamati landslide: Body of missing army man found
The body of solider Md Azizur Rahman, who went missing in Rangamati landslide, has been recovered. His body was recovered on Thursday morning, Rangamati Fire Service Deputy Assistant Direction Didar Alam told the reporters.
At least 151 people, including several officers and members of the army, were killed in landslides triggered by torrential rain in Rangamati, Bandarban, Chittagong, Khagrachhari and Cox’s Bazar districts.
Of the total, 109 people were reported dead in Rangamati alone. Bodies of four other members of the army–Major Mohammad Mahfuzul Haq, Captain Md Tanvir Salam Shanto, Corporal Mohammad Azizul Haq and soldier Md Shahin Alamwere– were recovered on Tuesday.
10 others army men were also injured in the landslide in Rangamati’s Manikchhari.