- If Zia’s rule is ‘illegal’ so is AL’s: BNP
- 46,664 pilgrims yet to travel to Saudi: Biman
- Poacher held with deer skin in Bagerhat
- FF beaten dead in Magura
- Elderly man found dead in Comilla
- Imran Sarkar attacked again
- Tk 1725cr railway project eyes to boost BD-India connectivity
- Bourses end week in red
- Fresh move on to bring multinational companies to share market
- Youth dies from electrocution at Benapole
Rangamati landslide: Body of missing army man found
The body of solider Md Azizur Rahman, who went missing in Rangamati landslide, has been recovered. His body was recovered on Thursday morning, Rangamati Fire Service Deputy Assistant Direction Didar Alam told the reporters.
At least 151 people, including several officers and members of the army, were killed in landslides triggered by torrential rain in Rangamati, Bandarban, Chittagong, Khagrachhari and Cox’s Bazar districts.
Of the total, 109 people were reported dead in Rangamati alone. Bodies of four other members of the army–Major Mohammad Mahfuzul Haq, Captain Md Tanvir Salam Shanto, Corporal Mohammad Azizul Haq and soldier Md Shahin Alamwere– were recovered on Tuesday.
10 others army men were also injured in the landslide in Rangamati’s Manikchhari.