- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Govt initiates steps to confiscate properties of Bangabandhu’s killers
The government has initiated the process to confiscate non-movable properties and freeze bank accounts of the convicted killers of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan informed this to the House while replying to a question from treasury bench member M Shafiqul Islam on Thursday.
He said the government engaged two law firms in the United States and Canada for bringing back home the fugitive convicted killers of Bangabandhu, reports BSS.
He said the government formed a taskforce led by law, justice and parliamentary affairs minister on March 28, 2010 for bringing back the fugitive convicted killers of Father of the Nation to execute the verdict.
“The government after assuming office in 2014, reformed the taskforce, which met several times and took various decisions including identifying the fugitive convicted killers’ location and providing information to important airports in the world through Interpol,” he added.