- No Hasina-led supportive govt: BNP
- Gold trader chopped dead in Khulna
- Gas crisis in CNG stations temporary: Nasrul
- Nahid for expanding technical education
- Boy tortured on theft charge in Habiganj
- Khaleda to take part in next general polls under Hasina-led govt:
- 4 fishermen kidnapped in Bhola
- Militancy big barrier to development: PM
- BGB man goes missing in Teesta
- 2 killed in Mymensingh road crash
Join polls shunning politics of destruction, PM urges Khaleda
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has urged BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia to return to healthy politics and contest the next elections by leaving the politics of destruction.
The prime minister made the call while addressing a civic reception accorded to her by expatriate Bangladeshis at City Conference Centre in Stockholm on Thursday evening.
“We want that the trend of democracy to continue … we want that they [BNP] do not commit the mistake of skipping election again. Rather we want they would contest the elections and the people would judge that who would come to power,” Sheikh Hasina was quoted by BSS as saying.
She said the BNP leader does not feel comfortable when the people of the country stay well.
“They feel good when they kill people and plunder and destroy the country’s property,” she added.
The prime minister said when BNP was in power, it looted public money by opening Hawa Bhaban and committing unbridled corruption.
“Khaleda Zia’s sons only learned how to amass wealth by looting and taking commissions,” Hasina said.