- Lovers found hanging with a single rope
- 32 shanties gutted in Ctg fire
- BNP leader Taimur arrested
- Govt’s vindictive attitude alarming: Khaleda
- British firm likely to get deal for extra 5 million MRP
- 10 DU students hurt as BCL sweeps VC office siege
- Alorito-30 observes ‘Batch Day’ at IU
- Cop ’commits suicide’ at Ctg Police Lines
- PM for quick repatriation of Rohingyas
- UN seeks environment in Rakhine for Rohingya repatriation
Join polls shunning politics of destruction, PM urges Khaleda
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has urged BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia to return to healthy politics and contest the next elections by leaving the politics of destruction.
The prime minister made the call while addressing a civic reception accorded to her by expatriate Bangladeshis at City Conference Centre in Stockholm on Thursday evening.
“We want that the trend of democracy to continue … we want that they [BNP] do not commit the mistake of skipping election again. Rather we want they would contest the elections and the people would judge that who would come to power,” Sheikh Hasina was quoted by BSS as saying.
She said the BNP leader does not feel comfortable when the people of the country stay well.
“They feel good when they kill people and plunder and destroy the country’s property,” she added.
The prime minister said when BNP was in power, it looted public money by opening Hawa Bhaban and committing unbridled corruption.
“Khaleda Zia’s sons only learned how to amass wealth by looting and taking commissions,” Hasina said.