- If Zia’s rule is ‘illegal’ so is AL’s: BNP
- 46,664 pilgrims yet to travel to Saudi: Biman
- Poacher held with deer skin in Bagerhat
- FF beaten dead in Magura
- Elderly man found dead in Comilla
- Imran Sarkar attacked again
- Tk 1725cr railway project eyes to boost BD-India connectivity
- Bourses end week in red
- Fresh move on to bring multinational companies to share market
- Youth dies from electrocution at Benapole
Join polls shunning politics of destruction, PM urges Khaleda
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has urged BNP Chairperson Khaleda Zia to return to healthy politics and contest the next elections by leaving the politics of destruction.
The prime minister made the call while addressing a civic reception accorded to her by expatriate Bangladeshis at City Conference Centre in Stockholm on Thursday evening.
“We want that the trend of democracy to continue … we want that they [BNP] do not commit the mistake of skipping election again. Rather we want they would contest the elections and the people would judge that who would come to power,” Sheikh Hasina was quoted by BSS as saying.
She said the BNP leader does not feel comfortable when the people of the country stay well.
“They feel good when they kill people and plunder and destroy the country’s property,” she added.
The prime minister said when BNP was in power, it looted public money by opening Hawa Bhaban and committing unbridled corruption.
“Khaleda Zia’s sons only learned how to amass wealth by looting and taking commissions,” Hasina said.